Sally is cage aggressive....

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

melbaby80

Reaction score
:( I was hoping this would never happen, but my loving little lop who would fall asleep on us has now turned into a furry demon. It literally happened over night. Sally has been great, loving, gentle, playful, but as of today she will lunge and bite you if you put your hand in her cage. I'm leaning towards her reaching sexual maturity and now she has raging hormones or she was feeling super vulnerable when my husband had moved her cage to the living room last night (my kitten I feel was harassing her). This behavior JUST started today, she has been fine all this time...Sally should be about 16 weeks old now. What do you guys think? I was going to breed her with my lionhead, but finances changed and I rehomed him. Now I am looking to spay her...she will still let you pick her up, she doesn't fuss when you hold her and cuddle her, its only when you put your hand in her cage in front of her..otherwise you can just pick her up from the back...suggestions please help...:(

16 weeks is "about that age" for females... sounds like you've got a hormonal teen bunny on your hands :(

Imbrium wrote:
16 weeks is "about that age" for females... sounds like you've got a hormonal teen bunny on your hands :(

:( she was so great, I was really hoping she'd stay the same..ah well I guess its time to shop around for a vet

I have a 3 year old female Lop that I had spayed at 4 months. She is still aggressive over her cage, Little Miss Bitey Bunny. I clean when she leaves the cage in the morning. She is a completely loving bun who loves to be held otherwise.

yeah, many bunns don't like it if you try to clean/rearrange the cage with them inside. mine don't care if I pull out the litter-box and dump it, but when I need to really clean, I toss 'em in the yard for a bit :p (not really, lol, more like gently place them in their outdoor pen - all I've gotta do is text my neighbor and she'll rush over for a chance to bunny-watch so that someone's keeping an eye on them while I'm inside cleaning)

She does not mind being picked up. We let her romp around the kitchen, but I honestly think she really dislikes my kitten. Anywho as soon as you put sally back in her cage she is on guard lol we have learned to pick her up without putting our hands in front of her, but I seriously need to get her fixed because I don't want her stressed out or us. I just need to wait on funds. She is really gentle and loving outside her home, the little stinker.

Latest posts

Back