Sally’s snubbing!?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duckfarmer1

Reaction score
I have 32 bunnies because I am a hobby farmer ..I don’t make money off of them. Anyways, Last week I chose this sweet gal Sally to be my house bunny. From the start, before she came in..she would come over to my fingers right away in her cage...I would have her in this grass play area and when it was time to get out she would never run from me. She was always happy to see me and would snuggle up in my neck..etc. right now she is in a top open wire cage in the barn that is attached to my house...so she is literally about 100 feet from my family room. But, I’m in there all the time..she’s in there until I can potty train her. Anyways..the last couple days I’ve noticed when I go to put my fingers in..she goes aggressively to me..and today she gave me a little scratch...I’ve had this from my older does....but she’s my pet...is it because the opening is on top..I always talk to her when I’m coming... I feel sad that my sweetie is not liking me as much.

It’s the space a new place and is she spayed.

If she’s not spayed it can be hormones, my own doe have swings sometimes in temperament. But she’s most of the time a sweetheart but sometimes the hormones mess with her. Dosen’t dare spaying her because of her age. This have only happened me 2 times, so it’s nothing often.

The new place might made sally insecure and become territorial.

Maybe she also feel closed in and cornered when you reach into the cage and she attacks.

Those are a few reason why myself have also been attacked by my own bunnies [emoji5]

That’s pretty much what I was thinking..she’s 4 months..I don’t want to spay her this year because of her coloring...and temperament....I think I just need to be louder because I seem to startle her when she does it..she zoned out...lol...thanks!!:).

Temperament can change with hormones, of course. She can also change completely in personality after becoming adult. Shy babies can become outgoing adults. Adventurous babies can become shy adults. There is just no predicting personalities during baby-hood.

You mentioned potty-training her. That is usually easiest after they are spayed (or are adults). The training itself should be done where she will be housed when that time comes.

Rabbits are like cats in that they’ll pee in certain spots. You just need to find out where those spots will be and place a litter box. Her being territorial might be temporary and because it’s a new environment.

Latest posts

Back