Safe to ingest kind of a lot of willow sticks?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amaretti

Reaction score
I have a basket from binkybunny made of willow sticks. Rectangular Willow Basket (BB-94)
My rabbit doesn’t just chew it, she actively eats it as if it were hay, how they spaghetti slurp it gone for lack of a better term lol. Like a big chunk of the basket is gone and hardly any scraps where she was eating it. Is it safe for them to just chow down on a lot of willow twigs like this or should I not let her have willow twig toys anymore?

I have a basket from binkybunny made of willow sticks. Rectangular Willow Basket (BB-94)
My rabbit doesn’t just chew it, she actively eats it as if it were hay, how they spaghetti slurp it gone for lack of a better term lol. Like a big chunk of the basket is gone and hardly any scraps where she was eating it. Is it safe for them to just chow down on a lot of willow twigs like this or should I not let her have willow twig toys anymore?

haha my bun does the same thing, from my experiences it is completely safe as from what I've read rabbits consume roughage such as twigs and sticks in the wild so it is similar to their natural behaviour. If you are worried you could buy other toys that are used for enrichment but aren't willow, such as seagrass mats, timothy twists or some sort of balsa fling (even cardboard!), 101 rabbits have a great selection of natural toys, I'll leave the link below, hope this helps :)

https://www.101rabbits.com/collections/products

Latest posts

Back