Safe Snacks for my baby!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CamelNewt528962

Reaction score
Hello! I just joined and I would like to introduce myself real quick, I am Addi! So, does anyone know any snacks that I can feed my bunny other than hay and pellets, such as certain fruits, vegetables, etc. Also, please let me know if you know of any dangerous foods that I should avoid. Thanks guys!

Awesome, thanks! I was also wondering if anyone knew of cheap, but good quality supplies. I am only 13 and I could only afford a small cage, leaky water bottle, tiny food bowl, and I feed her 1/2 a stick of celery every morning and 1/2 bowl of VERY expensive pellets every night :( Can anyone help me and Minnie?
dsc00803_orig.jpg

Awesome, thanks! I was also wondering if anyone knew of cheap, but good quality supplies. I am only 13 and I could only afford a small cage, leaky water bottle, tiny food bowl, and I feed her 1/2 a stick of celery every morning and 1/2 bowl of VERY expensive pellets every night :( Can anyone help me and Minnie?
dsc00803_orig.jpg
This bunny is a Holland Lop located at another rabbitry, her name is Honey and she is most certainly not yours. Also, your age contradicts the one listed in your profile. @Angie please remove this user - it reminds me too much of Jasmine!

Maybe you could find cheaper food that still has all the benefits, I use mana pro and it comes in50 pound bags for around 30 dollars

Please stop you're making me cry I was just trying to use this cool website and get help with my bunny

dsc00803_orig.jpg
Have you got the rabbit already or are you buying it? If you haven’t gotten it yet, I would reevaluate whether rabbits are the right pet for you, because I think everyone on the forum can agree that rabbits are not cheap.
If you have a rabbit already, I would try doing a bit more research (not in a bad way, we all learn as we go along). Water bottles aren’t very good for rabbits. A 6lb rabbit can drink as much water a giant dog, and water bowls can get clogged, which can cause serious dehydration if the rabbit can’t get water. Cages are also too small for a healthy rabbit to stay in even if it’s just overnight.

do your parents help you pay for your rabbit?

yes they do i just try to be a responsible pet owner yes i already have her and i didnt know i was doing anything wrong im so so s os so sos so sorry just remove me already

Okay, I think this kind of escalated (kinda confused tbh).

Giving the benefit of a doubt: don’t worry that you are doing anything wrong because I think that’s how we all found this forum :).

Going back to the question. You can buy fruit for your rabbit as long as they are old enough to eat it. Generally about 6 months old. There are also many small businesses who make and sell rabbit treats (you can look on Etsy). Or you can make your own treats just Google how to make rabbit treats

oh im sorry i just found it im addi from pennsylvania im 12 i turn 13 in a couple days u can remove me this was super fun

This is a good diet for your bun-
-Hay. Hay, hay, hay. You can buy a huge amount of hay for SUPER CHEAP at a local farm or feed store. Hay keeps their digestive tract moving. No hay could result in gi-stasis, a gut blockage that restricts your bun from pooping. This can lead to death.
-Veggies. If your bun is past 6 months, start feeding him veggies such as baby spring mix. You can get this at your grocery store in big buckets for pretty cheap.
-Pellets... but a small amount. Rabbits under 6 months need about 3/4-ish cup per day. When they get older, they only need about 1/4 to 1/8 cup. Too many pellets can make your rabbit FAT, I'm not joking. It can lead to a very unhealthy rabbit.
Living setup and other stuff-
-Give your rabbit a water bowl- this can just be a plain glass one from your kitchen. Make sure its full of water.
-Let him out of his pen to play for 2-3 hours per day, it would be better if he could stay out more.
- Give him a blanket. Bunnies like their blankets.
Well, I hope this helped!

Hello! I just joined and I would like to introduce myself real quick, I am Addi! So, does anyone know any snacks that I can feed my bunny other than hay and pellets, such as certain fruits, vegetables, etc. Also, please let me know if you know of any dangerous foods that I should avoid. Thanks guys!
Welcome to the forum.

Since you are new to the forum, I'd like to suggest that you try to include relevant information when asking questions. For example, when asking about snacks or anything diet-related, it is very important for us to know the age of your rabbit. Young rabbits have different needs than older rabbits.

I saw on another post that your rabbit is 10 weeks old. But with so many people on the forum, it isn't possible for everyone to keep track of who has what rabbits and their ages.

With your new rabbit it is VERY IMPORTANT TO NOT CHANGE HER DIET for at least 2 weeks. That means NO SNACKS (yet). She should only be getting the pellets she was used to eating, her hay, and water. Nothing else. These first few weeks is the time when a rabbit is very delicate. Feeding the wrong foods (or not feeding the right foods) can lead to GI stasis.

If you want the pleasure of handing her some food, then just hold a food pellet or a piece of hay in your hand to handfeed her.

Also, since you are new to rabbit ownership, I'd like to suggest browsing around my website. If you can view it on a laptop or something large enough for a desktop format, it is easier to view. (The mobile version is not so great.) You can check the feeding section, housing, how to bond with your rabbit, how to litter train, etc. It should help you get started in learning about their care. Then, after you've taken time to browse around there, if you have questions, you can always ask on here.
https://rabbitsindoors.weebly.com

Latest posts

Back