Safe Mite Treatment for 7 Week Old Baby Lop

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toyabrooke

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have a 7 week old lop (his mum passed away when he was 5.5 weeks old, which is why we have him so young), and I have just noticed since bringing him home 2 days ago that he has mites. Everywhere online says that you can only use flea treatments after 8 weeks so I have two questions:

1. If we take him to the vet to do proper weighing, can the vet administer the mite treatment before 8 weeks and do it in a much smaller dose?

2. If we can't do it before 8 weeks (and therefore have to wait a week before treating), is there anything natural and safe we can use? The mites don't seem bad at all since there is no hair loss at all (only a small amount I have seen on his back and behind his ears), but he is scratching quite a lot :( I have posted a photo of the skin on his back.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I am located in Tokyo.

~~Forever mummy to Horatio
& Momotaro ~~

Attachments

• IMG_0166.jpg
    IMG_0166.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 5
Food grade diatomaceous earth powder rubbed in fur. Our health food store had a lg. size "cottage cheese" size carton for $2

Latest posts

Back