Safe fresh veggies and bath mat?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Button

Reaction score
Hi all, so since I was told that the veggies I feed are unsafe (kale, Romain, cilantro, and curled parsley) what veggies are safe for my baby girl? I don’t have a lot of options here in Minnesota but I don have some. Also is it safe to give a bath mat for Em to lay on? I had gave her a blanket and that was fine but I would like her to have something a bit fluffier to lay on.

Kale, romaine, cilantro and curly paresely are all safe, but only if given in set amounts.

Every day, a rabbit should be getting at least 3 different types of veggies, and only 1 of those 3 should be a 'sometimes' veggie which needs to be given in moderated amounts, such as kale, parsely and swiss chard. Kale is high in calcium, parsely is high in oxaclic acid and swiss chard is high in calcium.
Cilantro and romaine are perfectly fine to be fed every single day, but again- make sure there's good variety from day to day.
I remeber you saying your rabbit was 8lb or so, if she's eating a bunny sized pile of hay daily then it'd be okay to feed her 4 cups or so of veggies daily going off the 1 cup per 2lb rule.

Here's a helpful link on safe and unsafe veggies. Suggested Vegetables and Fruits for a Rabbit Diet | House Rabbit Society

About the bath mat, it'll be perfectly fine but know that she may be inclined to pee on it if it's soft or dig at it.
If it's a high pile rug it's going to trap a lot of fur, hay, bedding etc.

Kale, romaine, cilantro and curly paresely are all safe, but only if given in set amounts.

Every day, a rabbit should be getting at least 3 different types of veggies, and only 1 of those 3 should be a 'sometimes' veggie which needs to be given in moderated amounts, such as kale, parsely and swiss chard. Kale is high in calcium, parsely is high in oxaclic acid and swiss chard is high in calcium.
Cilantro and romaine are perfectly fine to be fed every single day, but again- make sure there's good variety from day to day.
I remeber you saying your rabbit was 8lb or so, if she's eating a bunny sized pile of hay daily then it'd be okay to feed her 4 cups or so of veggies daily going off the 1 cup per 2lb rule.

Here's a helpful link on safe and unsafe veggies. Suggested Vegetables and Fruits for a Rabbit Diet | House Rabbit Society

About the bath mat, it'll be perfectly fine but know that she may be inclined to pee on it if it's soft or dig at it.
If it's a high pile rug it's going to trap a lot of fur, hay, bedding etc.
Thanks! The mat is just a Walmart memory foam mat. I have had her roam into my bathroom and that is where she lasted so I figured she liked it.

Thanks! The mat is just a Walmart memory foam mat. I have had her roam into my bathroom and that is where she lasted so I figured she liked it.
Okay then it'll be great!
If she ever starts to chew/dig at it I suggest layering a towel or fleece on top :)

Towels can be a danger too if bun decides to chew it. Each rabbit is different so anything that gets chewed and ingested should be removed/replaced.

I've had a pair of rabbits love to lounge on a memory foam bath mat for many months and then one day decided they would start chewing on it. :confused:

Latest posts

Back