Safe for Rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi I've been having a really hard time keeping my bunny off my kitchen table and was wondering if anybody knows if this product is safe for rabbits?🐰

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-09-08-20-38-19.png
    Screenshot_2020-09-08-20-38-19.png
    415.4 KB · Views: 10
The problem I can see from trying to use that for rabbits is that rabbits aren't as agile as cats and could freak out and injure themselves trying to get away. Another risk is sudden shock/stress induced heart attack, which is not unheard of in rabbits. Though if you do decide to try this, I would do a closely supervised first reaction test to make sure bun didn't freak out and get injured.

I think I would be more inclined to try covering with crinkly paper or some other surface covering that bun didn't care to walk on. And do a supervised pretest with bun, where I was there putting bun on the surface to monitor reaction and ensure safety. Or if your bun is jumping up on chairs first to get on the table, maybe block chair seats so your bun can't jump up to gain access to the table.

Imho it needs more than a spray to put a rabbit into shock, but the danger of injury due to a fall or jumping off furniture in a hurry is very real. They think they are cats when it comes to climbing, but they are clumsy and awkward, when something goes awry they are everything else but graceful. There strengh is rapid acceleration and barreling down well known paths through the underbrush, not helpful when they are way up un slippery ground.

My vet suspects that the hip athrosis of my buck is caused by an accident like a fall, he doesn't climb on trables and window sills anymore.

I too think that blocking his ascent routes is the better way, or putting the spray right before where he usually starts is climb.

The problem I can see from trying to use that for rabbits is that rabbits aren't as agile as cats and could freak out and injure themselves trying to get away. Another risk is sudden shock/stress induced heart attack, which is not unheard of in rabbits. Though if you do decide to try this, I would do a closely supervised first reaction test to make sure bun didn't freak out and get injured.

I think I would be more inclined to try covering with crinkly paper or some other surface covering that bun didn't care to walk on. And do a supervised pretest with bun, where I was there putting bun on the surface to monitor reaction and ensure safety. Or if your bun is jumping up on chairs first to get on the table, maybe block chair seats so your bun can't jump up to gain access to the table.

Like tin foil ( I’ve heard it works for dogs and cats they don’t like the techture of it or the sound) 🙃

Latest posts

Back