Sad News

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BunnyLover

Reaction score
I know a lot of you don't know me or won't remember me, but I need some other bunny people to talk to.

Last night my Holland Lop BlueBelle passed away. I am in shock and Ifeel so guilty. Wednesday afternoon when I let her run around I noticedshe wasn't as perky as she usually was, but still a majority of herfood was gone and everything looked pretty normal. Thursday morning shehad stopped eating completely and was just huddled in the corner of hercage. I thought those were the symptoms of a hairball so I gave hersome wet lettuce to see if I could boost her appetite a bit. But itdidn't work and she got worse. I was finally home Thursday evening andI tried to get some pineapple juice in her just to see if she would eatanything, but she was too far gone. I feel so terrible. She couldbarely hold her head up. So I took her back downstairs and let hersister CupCake be with her. At that point she did not appear to be ableto hold her headup at all and was having a hard timebreathing. But when she noticed that CupCake was next to her she liftedher head toward her and CupCake leaned into her. Then she laid backdown. At that point I lost it completely and the tears were streamingdown my face. I told her that I loved her so much andshecould go. Thenher breathing changed and within minutes shewas gone.

I feel so bad. I feel like I didn't do something that would have helpedher. And I can't stop crying which isn't normal for me. I'm so sorry tocome with this sad news.

Lissa and CupCake

The Blue Tort is BlueBelle and CupCake is Black.

:bigtears:Same age as my Iszy. I'm so sorry to hear that.

im so sorry

im in tears

we all love our bunnys and its so sad when this happens

god bless you and lets hope the angels are looking after her

varna tony adrian and lucey the rabbit

xxxx

I am so sorry for the loss of your littleBlueBell. It hurts so bad when we lose a loved one. I still haven'trecovered from the loss of my Daisy 6 years ago....they mean that muchto us....

God bless BlueBell and you during this difficult time
~Denise, Paul and Trixie

Thank you guys so much. Its been a really roughday. CupCake has been looking for her sister. Watching her just breaksmy heart. I will post on the Rainbow Bridge thread, I just don't thinkI'm ready yet. Thank you all for your kind words.

Lissa and CupCake

:: sniffles :: It's so sad just THINKING about it! But at least you were with her.

When my guiney pig died it was so sad! I didn't even know!! I saw himon new years.. stiff and lifeless. It hurts too bad to lose a baby likethat! I send my love!

I am so sorry BunnyLover. :sad:

To lose BlueBelle is overwhelming, and Ifeel sad for CupCake. Give her an extra hug for us.
Rainbows :pink iris:

I am so sorry that you and Cupcakehavesuffered such a lose. I know this is heart breaking for bothof you. Just know that everyone on the rabbit forumwill be thinking of you at this sad time. Don't be hard onyourself,go ahead and cry. BlueBelle wasyour baby and you need to grieve for her.Hugs, Beckie :(

I'm so sorry about your loss,I know how youfeel.Our rabbit Pepper passed away in December.Pepper wasn'teating,drinking and not going to the bathroom and he passed away thenext day after that happened,so it was fast.Didn't get a chance togethim to a vet and we felt real bad.Here is a picture ofPepper.Pepper was almost 3 years old when he died. About a week after Pepper passed away in December a neighbor had gottena rabbit that somebody had given to him and he came over and asked ifwe wanted the rabbit,beause he couldn't keep it,so we took the rabbitand we named the rabbit Dusty and he's close to a year old now.Here's apicture ofDusty. Welove Dusty,but we still miss Pepper and we love him.

Latest posts

Back