Sad news.... and hopeful news, too?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lol.... I did the confusing, so i was the confuser, and you were the confusee. I am really sorry about that....

For everyone else that I've confused:
my rabbit did kindle .... she just didnt nest at all.
The baby seems to be doing very well. It's solid black, with adorableears, and beautiful little paws. It's got the sweetest little nose, andis such a wriggley baby! I have very, very high hopes that this littlebabe will make it. It seems to have already grown bigger and strongersince yesterday. (Is that possible?)

I'm going to take pictures tomorrow of the little fellow, and i'll postthem for all to see. We've already come up with a name for the bun(courtesy of my sister). We're going to call him Lazarus. It seems sofitting, since we thought that he had already passed on when i foundhim. So far I feel like he's my little miricle baby.

What a fitting name :D.

I was so pleased to read that the mum was at least feeding her kit withsome help, hopefully she'll take over soon. Fingers crossed :). keep usposted.

Kate

Im soo glad the bunnie is okay.i never try tobottle feed bunnies, they choke soo easily.i always breed several doesat once so i can foster if necesary.bluebird

I'm extremely pleased to say that the baby is nursing just fine with it's mama. No need at all for a bottle (Thank goodness!)

We have been keeping the baby away from the mother because she's beenvery, very agressive towards it, and we feel that we need to supervisewhen she is with it. We are not sure why she is being so aggressivetowards the baby, when she is not that way with us. She nipsoccassionally, but it's not to the point where we would consider her aproblem rabbit. We are thinking maybe she does not have a strongmaternal instinct at all, and maybe doesnt understand what the littleblack wrigglie thing is that keeps "bothering" her?

We do have to hold her still, so we can let the baby nurse off ofher.... We are keeping the baby in a box with the towel in the bottom,then a heating pad on low, and then a small handtowel to make sure thatthe baby doesnt over heat. It is doing very well.... is wiggly, active,and seems to be growing already! The little babe has it's motherbrought to him twice daily (once in the morning and once at night) andis definately getting his mama's milk!

I am really thinking that he's a little trooper, and going to make it just fine :)

Latest posts

Back