Sad day in fish world

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sweetie

Reaction score
It is a very sad day. My small clown loach has passed away today at 12:49pm. Junior was the name. Junior was my healthiest clown loach. He/she never got sick. The last Monday in November 2013, I noticed that Junior was fat. Well I asked on the fish forum and another member. Some people said that it could be bacterial infection. Well I didn't see any sign of disease at all. I even shined a flashlight on Junior to see if he/she had velvet, no signs of it or any other disease. A member here that I am in contact with said that it could be normal. Everything was fine until today around 12:30pm, when Junior starting acting like he/she was dying. Junior was floating and swimming upside down. So I messaged a couple people for help, but it was too late, Junior had passed away. Junior was 8 years old, had him/her for that long. I investigated Junior and found out that Junior was bloated/constipated. There was poop hanging from the anus and near the anus felt hard, like a baseball, but the stomach felt soft. So I concluded that Junior was constipated and could not pass the poop that was blocked. RIP Junior, you will be missed and you were my healthiest clown loach. Love you Junior!

Sorry for your loss:(

I have about 100 fish and it's always sad to lose one. A lot of people don't realise how attached you can get to your pet fish...they have their own personalities and quirks and so when they get sick and pass on it's very devastating.

It sounds like you gave him a good life:)

Thank you. Yes he/she was 8 years old. The healthiest one of the clown loaches I have had. I have one more and she is all by herself at the moment until I can get the nitrates down and save up money to buy some big clown loaches.

I'm sorry about your fishie :(

I used to have fish, and I was very attached to them. Other people just don't understand sometimes.

Latest posts

Back