Sacks right after neuter?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
Lümi got home about three hours ago and he was licking his sacks a lot. I flipped him over and speedily snagged some pics.
Is that silver glittery thing glue?
Are those tiny slits in the sacks normal looking?
20200730_151112.jpg20200730_151104.jpg

None of my bucks turned silver and the silver thing make it hard to see the natural colour. If they have turned blue or look dark 😅

What I remember the slits was smaller on my bucks than what Lümi have. I don’t think it’s good of him licking there.

I feel too it's no good, but how do i prevent it?
What makes it even more confusing is i don't know if he's grabbing cecos or being sneaky and licking!

He's been very tussly and jumpy too, i fear that he might've stretched the slits...

Keep an eye on him and see how he acts the rest of the day. Maybe it will look better or get worse, it’s right after the neutering. So give him a day and observe.

Ah i'm so confused now! He sprawled out and chilled, then ground his teeth, then returned to chilling out. The vet administered him pain meds too. What?

Also, somehow, he weighed 2.6kg at this vet while at the other vet on saturday he weighed a bit under 4 kg. What is that supposed to mean? He hasn't dramatically lost weight or anything, he's fattening up on those skimpy bumpy bones!

Maybe the scale at one of the vets was wrong and pain meds is good. Often bucks don’t get any pain medication ☺️

Do you have any scale to weight your bunnies, might do it again at home and check again at a later time. Just to make sure he’s not losing weight.

Yeah got a scale for up until 5kg for kitchenry and other stuff. I think i want to weigh him tomorrow but might do so today.
But he's still grinding sometime. Did the vet give too little pain meds?

I put a cone on my bunny just for a couple of days to keep him from licking. I made the cone myself there are YouTube's to show you how. how is it that the bad would send you home and not make you aware of these things. And what to look for 🤔. It's best to keep him from licking at it for at least a week. Our buck was sent home with two days worth of additional pain med. Did he give you any additional pain medicine?

I put a cone on my bunny just for a couple of days to keep him from licking. I made the cone myself there are YouTube's to show you how. how is it that the bad would send you home and not make you aware of these things. And what to look for 🤔. It's best to keep him from licking at it for at least a week. Our buck was sent home with two days worth of additional pain med. Did he give you any additional pain medicine?
We had/still have meloxidyl. The vet said that everything was fine on the pain management part and that no further stuff was needed. I highly doubt it but i cannot give him pain meds myself since two different vets measured his weight to be completely different-i was unsure of whether i should've gone for 2.5ml or 3.8ml for the weights he was given....
He's stopped licking the site and indicating pain, so i'd say that it's all right now. Thanks for the adviser anyway!

Latest posts

Back