Sable Point Flemish??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mshill90

Reaction score
In the beginning of the spring, I picked up 2 flemish rabbits at 8 weeks old.. They are now 6-7 months old.

I picked a fawn/orange female, and a male sable point. They are siblings.

Mom was a fawn/orange and dad was a VERY Large sandy brown, whom I suspect may have been a continental x flemish mix.

However, I know sable point in NOT a recognized flemish color.

He was the runt of the litter, and the woman was not sure if he would survive, but he did! And I LOVE him!

What do you think??

IMG_2547.jpg

IMG_2546.jpg

IMG_2543.jpg

IMG_2540.jpg

He does look like a sable point to me. It could also be a dirty californian look. Are you sure that he is not a californian? I am not familiar with the flemish breed at all.

He's definitely a flemish... well, at least his parents were! haha.

I thought maybe californian, but there's no way since the breeder didn't even have any when these were produced. And the mom she has had since a baby, so she wasn't pregnant until the woman bred her. It was her first breeding too.

Maybe he's a rare 1 in a million colored Flemish!! LOL

One of the parents must have been mixed (so this guy is too) with something carrying shaded. Still very pretty though and he certainly has Flemish features. :)

I've been told that The Continental Giants can be sable point, so that's what I'm thinking he may be mixed with because his mom was a standard flemish, but his dad was HUGE.. he was 20 lbs at 6 months old. And was a brown agouti color, which also isn't a recognized flemish color.

Gordon (my sable point) has GIGANTIC feet for his size. It's so cute!

Continental Giants are not a breed recognized by the ARBA, so it would be unlikely that one of those would be in the mix, though you never know. Several of the large recognized breeds could cause sable points too, so it's hard to say. Doesn't really matter, just interesting. :)

Well the breeder doesn't do any of the ARBA stuff.. she just does it as a form of income, and a way to keep sane from her 4 kids! lol.

I did see another sable point "flemish" on a flemish rescue website out in wisconsin or something, but I can't find it now. They looked like twins!

I just have to tell my brain NO breeding him to try and get more little Gordons. haha. We don't need more bunnies here!

However, if I can convince my mother in law to let me rent the acre of land she doesn't even use, I could get my continentals like I want, and garden for all the bunnies too!

Adorable, gorgeous bunny! SO jealous! I love the sable points, frostys, Pointed white...anything white/shaded etc.

the brown agouti color is recognized in flemish giants and is called a sandy.

his color is definitely sable point due to the very smutty face that is too much to be a californian. Also you can see the tannish/creamy tint to his body color which would make him not a cal or himi color with white. I personally thought he had more of a satin face but it may just be his head hasnt popped like older bucks. Satins also come in a sable point color called siamese. Do you have pictures of the parents or know any of their history (such as what colors are in his lines?)

The mom was orange, and the dad was sandy.

The litter mates were orange like mom, sandy, and black.

That's all I can tell ya.

haha, their food bowl is the same container and he normally just sit in it completely and everyone else has to eat around him or wait.

Hey...look over there! *Snatches up bunny and runs* That is the prettiest coloring I've ever seen on a Flemish. Love it!

Latest posts

Back