Rust

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babydoshia

Reaction score
I just picked up Murphy's new cage and it'sgreat. One broken bar and bent a little but good enough forme since it was free.

The only thing is, it's covered in rust. I just scrubbed itwith rust remover and it took me 2 mins just to clean one 4 inchbar. If I dont get all the rust off (which I doubt I will),will it hurt Murphy to leave it rusty like that? I haven'tseen him chew on bars in his cage now but if he was to chew on the barsthat are rusty would it hurt him?

Also does anyone know of any easy way to get rid of rust?

Thanks alot

-Madelon

nope, he'll be fine. I have outdoor hutches andthere's no WAY you can keep them from rusting. Bunbun (Bub'sdad)literally chewed holes in his cage, and thewiresgot all rusty from rain and bunny spit. lol

Get the major rust offand don't worry about the rest! Just scrub it down with bleach, rinse, and let it dry out.

Rose

You can use a rust neutralizer, then brush theexcess off and spray with paint. The Aluminum colored spraypaint can make the cage look brand new. The paint is harmlesswhen completely dry.

Pam

Ok, I dont feel like making a whole nother post so I'll just do it in here.

I got the cage all painted. I couldn't get all the rust offbut it still looks good. It looks sooo much better thanbefore. I let it dry overnight and now it is all setup andMurphy is in it. He seems to like it. Right nowhe's just laying down.

Really, it's only a few inches bigger in each direction but when youadd it up it gives him alot more room. I'm sooo glad I foundthis cage.

Well here it is. I'm not sure if you can tell but I put thisblack plastic mesh stuff around the bottom sides so he can't make asmuch of a mess.

cage5.jpg

cage1.jpg

cage4.jpg

cage2.jpg

cage3.jpg

And here he is posing for you all :)

poser.jpg

Oh, what a nice setup!!! Murphy should be very happy in his new home.

Murphy is a real living doll! Cute, cute bunny!!! :D

Murphy is a gorgeous baby, Madelon.Your cage looks great too!!! Good job. It looks asif Murphy is enjoying his new home too.

Dawn

Yea, I think he likes it. He likes that he can go in and out as he pleases when the door is open.

And suprisingly, when I had him out today he went back into his cageand jumped into the liter box and went pee. IN THEBOX!!! :D:D:D:DI'm so proud. :cool:

Lol, I am so pathetic.

-Madelon

Thanks for all the compliments. :)

that looks good. I wish i had thought ofthat. The colors would make the cage fit in more with theapartments or houses.

Cristy

Latest posts

Back