Rupert and Penelope are bonded!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

f_j

Reaction score
I haven't had time to be on here much lately, but I wanted to post an update. My babies have bonded very quickly and are the best of friends now! Also, they have their own room now that we have moved into our house. Both cages always remain open, and they go in and out of both as they please. It is so cute, because usually they go into one cage together and hang out for a while, then go into the other cage together. Here are some pics:

Their new room:
IMG_1387.jpg

IMG_1389.jpg

Best friends:
IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1398.jpg

Wow, Im so happy to hear this!

How are you liking your new house? Its so wonderful they have their own room all to themselves. They make a great couple.

WOO HOO!! Thats so exciting! They look so adorable together! And I love their room. I can't wait for my buns to have their own room. Only a month and a bit to go.

Where did you get those awesome water bottles? I've been looking for that kind everywhere!

Crystal

Wow what a great room! I can't wait till me and Hubby have a place of our own then our bunns can have a room all to there selves.....all 12 of them :biggrin2:

CrystallBall: PetSmart sells water bottles simalir they are called Likit they have a pop top so that you do not have to take the bottle off the cage. they are quite costly thow costing $7.99 in the US I use them for all my buns.

YAY for bonded babies!!! Rupert is as handsome as ever (I have a soft spot for him). And Penelope and her pretty little self as usual. I love their set up and it's so cute that they follow each other around all day. haha.

Don't stop with the pictures!!

f_j- congrats on the bonded bunnies- they look so adorable all snuggled up together.

I don't mean to steal the thread here but I can't PM you, so sorry- but I was wondering whether you could give me any tips on bonding- I am just about to start bonding my two boys- one baby and one adult, both lops, after Pippin has been neutered (Benji is already).

Thanks- just clearly you've done a great job and I was wondering how you went about it?

:D

I saw them on the Leithpetwerks site. I was just wondering if f_j got them around here, since we dont live that far from eachother. Instead of me having to pay us dollars and shipping and all that. If not then I'll order them :) thanks though

Crystal

Thanks everyone! I just love watching them together, they are so darn cute.

Crystal - I did get those water bottles at Leith Petwerks. It is expensive to order from them, but I didn't think I'd find them anywhere here. They are great water bottles, but make sure the buns figure out how to use them...it took Rupert a while to figure it out!!

Haley - We are loving our new house! I'm so glad that we have the room to allow the buns to be free all of the time, I just think they are so much happier now. We would have loved to have them free all day in the apartment, but we just didn't have the room.

Honeypot - Thanks! Your avatar pic of your two reminds me so much of Rupert and Penelope! It is a great pic!!

jcottonl02 - We had Penelope and Rupert's cages in the same room from the time we got them. They would take turns having play times and sniff each other when one was out of the cage and one was in the cage. This was from November until we moved in May. So they already were very familiar with each other, their scents, etc. I think this helped A LOT. We had them both spayed and neutered, and waited until they recovered fully. Then, once we were in the new house, we weren't sure how they would react when placed together, so we did it for the first time in the bath tub. Penelope immediately started grooming Rupert! And he loved it! So we had the next bonding session in their room. There was a bit of chasing and mounting, but nothing aggressive. They seemed to work out the dominance issue quickly. So every day, for at least a couple of weeks, they had their play time together, until we were comfortable leaving them out all of the time together. And they've been inseparable ever since!

Thanks very much- I'm just trying to get all the info I can. Wow- that sounds quite nice and simple!
Their hutches are right opposite eachother raelly close for weeks now, so I'll try and put them together once Pippin is neutered and hope for an instant liking! Hehe

Latest posts

Back