Runt or Peanut

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is a great tip Ladysown but I have no younger litter to put him in with and yes I do think you are right about him not making it in a bigger litter, there were days I didn't think he would last the night

I know this is a bit late regarding your question, but just FYI . . . That bunn in the photos is definitely a runt and not a peanut. True peanuts usually look like they have hydrocephalus, a condition that makes their heads look too large or balloon-like. They also most always have an underdeveloped or small/weak lower torso and tiny ears.
Check out the images I've attached.

peanut2.jpg

Peanut3.jpg

Peanut4.jpg

Peanut1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the pictures, it was really hard in the early few days figuring out if he was a peanut or not as I was getting lots of mixed answers and I must admit sometimes because of how small he was, his eye's did bulge and his forehead too which made him look strange.

We will be keeping him if he makes it through weaning which still has me nervous, we have all grown very fond of our little fighter Wilbur

Just wanted to update you all on our little runt who is now 7 weeks old and doing great, he is still half the size of the others but developing just fine, all the others ears have lopped so just waiting for this little guy to do the same, I guess it's a size thing.

Oh my gosh, I love him!! If you were anywhere near Tampa Florida I would snatch him up in a heartbeat, such a beautiful boy!

Thank you all so much, not only is he tiny and adorable, he has the sweetest personality, out of the other 3 he is the one who enjoys cuddles the most and he is going to be a wonderful snuggly bun, I am not sure I have the heart to let him go, trying to convince my hubby to let him stay with us is proving difficult though lol

It looks fine to me. I'd say it's just the runt! He or she is coming along nicely by the look of things!

If you give him up, bring him to Vegas! Except I don't think I should really get a third bun when I'm only barely surviving. So nevermind. He is super precious though.

Reading these made me feel so much better. I have a litter of 6 and 2 are smaller. They are not deformed and move quick so i was confused to see them extremely tiny.

Latest posts

Back