runny nose

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silvia

Reaction score
My friend asked me to help her find out why herrabbit has a runny nose and if she needs to take it to the vet. I'm amember of the rmca (rat and mouse club of america) and they always helpme so I thought I'd find her one for rabbits.

I guess my question is should she take her rabbit to the vet? It'syoung and very small and it is sneezing and has a runny nose.

If the discharge is clear it's probably just allergies, but if it's yellow or white, have the vet check it out.

I'm not sure what color it is but she discribedit as "wet" in her letter so it's most likley clear. I did ask herthough so I'll see what she says. What do you do if it's allergies?

Try to determine what could be the cause of the allergies. Could just be her hay or litter is too dusty.

Do you know how long she's had thisrabbit? Young rabbits can be more susceptible to bacterialinfections, especially if they are stressed from a poor breeder or petshop environment. Hopefully it is just allergies, but sheshould definately have it checked out.

she just got it and said it is very small. Idon't know if she uses litter. She used to just use newspapers andchange them once or twice a day. I think she'll probubly try to get itto the vet and I'll tell her to.

Sometimes a wet nose just caused by the heat, but because respiratory illness can be serious in rabbits, I'd advise a vet visit.

Pam

I have a ? my bun has a wet nose not sure if its from his water but he isnt sneezing and it is warm here but he is kept inside.....should i be concerned??

It turns out that the discharge was white, and it was caused by the snuffles. My friend got her bunny meds from the vet a few times but the poor thing just couldn't pull through. Her's was also sneezing all the time, so it may not be the same thing.

Latest posts

Back