Runny nose, but not Snuffles?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not sure, but it does sound like an upperrespitory infection, pasturella a good suspect. Keep the medsgoing. Hope your baby gets better.

Someone with more knowledge about this will be along...:)

I would keep the meds going, but he has to be off of them for 5 days to do the test to see what it is :(

His nose always gets worse when he's around hay, and he sneezesmore! I know of two other people w/rabbits allergic to hay,but I don't know if that would make his nose yellow.

I'll keep you posted.

What kind of hay are you giving him? Let's rule out some things here.

If it is the hay, we can see about taking parts out and basically,sifting out the dust. This may eliminate theproblem.:D Start with this before going to the vet again andsee how the breathing is. I don't think I would keep him onBaytril, unless you believe there is an actual infection.

You may want to halt it for now, but the second you notice it's not thehay or can't be, see why he's sneezing. Mine do it whenthey're grooming-alot!:)

PCR test came back negative for Pastuerella!! WOO-HOO!!!

Should I take away his hay to see if that is what's causingit? I feel bad doing it, but he always seems to sneeze aroundTimothy AND Alfalfa.

Latest posts

Back