Running away?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yield

leo (they/them)
Reaction score
My friend Alexa has a bunny named MeiMei.
MeiMei used to give Alexa kisses and let her hold her.

But now, suddenly MeiMei is running from Alexa whenever she like moves. Like if Alexa sits there, MeiMei will lick her like crazy still. She said MeiMei has never done this before O:

She asked me why, but I haven't a clue, so I told her I'd ask you guys!

Bunny Details:

Name: MeiMei
Breed: Netherland Dwarf
Fixed?: Not yet
Gotcha Date: A few weeks to a month ago.

Stuart was very cuddly in the first few days when I got him... then he figured out that he had some freedom!

He spent a lot of time running away, hiding on me, and being a general pain.

I think maybe MeiMei is going through the same thing - little kid sillies. Hope your friend can be patient - she'll come back for a back rub eventually!

I would have to agree with Autumn. Maybe she is just having fun and being explorative? Give it time, I'm sure she'll calm down again. :)

:) She seems to have done so already x)
Alexa just got another rabbit, a himalayan named Lennie XD

These are her first rabbits since she was a kid so I'm helping her out XD

Lily goes through phases of loving being petted and not wanting to be touched. I guess rabbits have moods just like humans! I find that it helps a lot of I train her to like petting by catching her attention with a piece of fruit, petting her for a bit, then rewarding her and petting her a little more. The more I do this the better she is about coming over for pets and for staying longer for nose rubs.

Latest posts

Back