Rug/Mat Suggestions?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dogwoodblossoms

Reaction score
I have all my rabbits in XL dog crates (they each have the divider set so they can jump on it for more space) and I got these rubber like mats for the bottoms so they can’t slip. Only EVERY one of my rabbits has ripped it and chewed on it. It’s a pain and I don’t want them digesting that stuff.
Some evidence from Chia’s cage:
57D91783-4B27-4CFC-8812-7693DA3EA88B.jpeg
Any suggestions?

I use heavy utility mats that I buy at Menards. They are made of heavy rubber, and they have short fiber carpeting. The only place my rabbits can destroy them is if the rabbits decide to chew on the edge. When I want to wash them, I lay them in my drive way and use a brush and a hose. A brand new mat smells like a new tire, so I leave the new mat in my garage for a couple of weeks so that the smell can disappear. They are very tough, and can't be destroyed by digging.

just get the reusable puppy pads from Amazon, I got a very large one, it's fleece like on top, non stick like on bottom, I got 2, one goes in wash, and one is always clean. I think mine are like 4 x 6. heading to Amazon for link.

just get the reusable puppy pads from Amazon, I got a very large one, it's fleece like on top, non stick like on bottom, I got 2, one goes in wash, and one is always clean. I think mine are like 4 x 6. heading to Amazon for link.
ohh this is interesting! how long have you had it? :)

my oldest is a chewer also! I had an antislip mat also (different from what @AVIE shared and somewhat hard to wash) I thought it was a success, but nope, after a few months, he started chewing it like it was hay 🤦🏻‍♀️ I ended up throwing it.

Right now they're just on some vinyl flooring, but I did ask around in the FB group of HRS, and one suggested to tape the edges of the rug with some clear packaging tape. I haven't tried it yet ('cause I haven't bought a new rug yet and have just been using hay mats) but hopefully it works!

ohh this is interesting! how long have you had it? :)
6 months, I started with rubber mats and went through the whole search. Someone on this site recommended these and they've been perfect. Seriously, they've been flawless. Ruby is totally litter trained now, but these are just so nice to pick up once a week and shake off the hay bits mess from her home base area, that I still use them. I also purchased a second one as when her 'teen spirit time' arrived (pre-spay) she would tinkle on the couch. worked great.

Latest posts

Back