Rosie's househunting thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TinysMom

Reaction score
Hi ya'll. Some of you may have been following Rosie's thread about househunting....it was so exciting.

Some glitches have come up and Rosie has asked that we pull the thread right now since it is hard to see it and have folks asking about the househunting.

I just got off the phone w/ her and she may need to take some time away from the forum right now to just focus on her family and some other things.

Thanks for understanding about the thread being pulled - hopefully it can be put back up in a while with good news in it...but for now, we'll just keep them in our thoughts and prayers and send them lots and lots of good wishes.

Peg

Passing along my thoughts and prayers to Rosie...

(Rosie, if it's of any comfort, when I was househunting several years ago there were several things that came up and caused glitches for me...one even arose at the moment we were signing the papers for the house (something that could have broken the deal and left me and my son homeless)...but it all worked out in the end.)

Hang in there Rosie...it will work out for you...(((HUGS)))

Thanks for letting us know, Peg :hug:

Good luck, Rosie! I'll be thinking of you and look forward to your return. Hopefully you will have good news to share. Hugs to your bunnies!

Thank you for your support, guys...I really appreciate it. :hug:

I also wanted to give ya'll a bit of an update on things.

Basically, today the guy that's leasing out the house we really want (that really beautiful house with the really beautiful view) let us know he understands the situation with our credit...absolutely not a problem. Later on, he called us, said he noticed that we neglected to put down any bank information...then when we explained that it was because we don't HAVE a bank account (due to being overdrawn a few days too long a few years ago), he was SHOCKED, and didn't understand the whole idea of us then being put on something called Chex Systems (which lasts seven years and prevents us from opening ANY other bank accounts). So, I kinda freaked out. I started to feel like it was just like every other situation we've encountered where we just weren't in good enough standing for people to rent to us, and I started to get disheartened...FAST!

So, I talked to some friends that REALLY helped out (for which I thank them PROFUSELY...they changed my whole outlook on this :)), and gave me tons of ideas, and the push and encouragement I needed to see that this was NOT the end of this...I still had some fight left in me, and still have a good chance at getting this place...it would just take a bit more work.

Basically, he doesn't find our credit to be a problem...so we're over the largest hump in this. He just wants paperwork to varify our social security numbers and to varify income. The reason I freaked out earlier was mostly because, well, we haven't kept any copies of check payments, and we own our own company, so we use Quickbooks...which he said he couldn't accept, given that anybody can enter anything in and print it out...and be totally false. Also, we're behind on our taxes, so we don't have anything along those lines to show him.

So, we're going to give him copies of our two latest check payments, hoping that's good enough to varify income (they total $11,000), and we also have some forms from last year for our taxes, so he can see those.

We're also gathering all the references we can (both personal and business), and we're going to get them all together and give them to the guy. I found lots of stuff here at home (old welfare cards from when Em was a baby, old insurance cards, an old pay stub from about five years ago, etc.) that have my social security number on them (I'm in the process of ordering a social security card with my new last name on it, and lost my old one some time ago, so I don't have that to give). Danny's giving a copy of his own social security card. We're going to include a copy of our marriage certificate (because all my stuff has my maiden name on it...just covering the bases...not to mention my social security stuff has my maiden name, too and it'll pop up on the credit report...so that'll be good to include). We're also including a few of Danny's old pay stubs.

Basically anything and everything we could find to give him, and we're also going to offer (if credit scores become an issue...they're NOT at this point...it's just that he requested paperwork we didn't have, and I kinda freaked out because of REALLY bad previous experiences) to pay an extra month's worth of rent like Sas has suggested to me in this instance.

So, there ya go! I figure if all that's not good enough for him, then it's just not our place. This is everything we have to give them...so it's just gonna have to be good enough for the place/people that are right for us.

Hugs!

Rosie*

okiron wrote:
YouTube clip to cheer you up Rosie! That's Teeny and Lilith up front! <3

Aww!! Did you take this? How wonderful...those sure are our babies...:D I would know that litter ANYWHERE, hehe!!

Thank you so much, Sweetie...that brought a smile to my face...I watched it twice so far, and anticipate watching it a LOT more during all this. That was so wonderful...you're so sweet...:hug:

Soon I'll be able to give you a REAL hug! :D

And thank you, Polly, for the hugs and wonderful wishes...:) :hug:

I can't take any credit for it Rosie, it's on Laura's website :) I keep visiting in hopes for more updated pictures and I got a video clip instead

LOL!! I'm gonna have to trek on over and check out her site again, then! How wonderful!

She's such a sweetie, too...:)

Edited to add: Aww! We're on the mini-rex SOLD page, too! The date says 11 Nov, but that was when we asked her to set them aside JUST IN CASE we said yes. Hehe!

http://www.doublelrabbitranch.com/mini_rex_sold.htm

Doesn't look like the Flemmies of ours (yours and mine, okiron) are on the sold page for Flemmies, though...:(

http://www.doublelrabbitranch.com/flemish_giants_sold.htm

UPDATE:

We turned in the paperwork for the house we want the night before last. Shane (the guy) said that it takes a day or two to process the paperwork, and since we didn't receive word yesterday, we're hoping we find out the results today!

I tell ya, my heart leaps outta my chest EVERY time the phone rings, lol! And given that Danny's the only one that calls, I really feel nervous everytime I answer! And also given that Danny calls me about ten times a day (sometimes more), I keep close to panicking! LOL!

*sigh* I'm really trying to remain calm...I have a good feeling about this place and about Shane saying yes...I'm just nervous...

Pray for this, guys...pray that he says yes!! :D

If he says yes, we're moving this weekend! :D

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{ HUGS Hun!!!!!}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

okiron wrote:
*praying so hard me looks constipated*

:shock:Now THAT...is some serious praying!

:pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray::pray:

I am praying praying praying and my finger and toes are all crossed for you!!!

Thanks, guys...I'm really trying hard to remain calm...

Like I've said, I really do have a good feeling about this place...it's just the nervousness of waiting for that affirmation...it could drive a person CRAZY!! LOL!!

Here's hoping that call comes soon, so I can be nervous about MOVING instead, hehe!

And okiron, LOL!! You're too funny...

Latest posts

Back