Room temperature

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tinto

Reaction score
E31561D7-5312-4B6E-BE36-A856C7CF862C.jpeg
I was told to pay attentiom to room temperature especially during the winter. I was using a small heating lamp during the night (since we don’t have central heating where I live) before, but my bunny still prefers the window side, which for me personally is unpleasantly cold. Should I worry about him catching a cold there??

Probably not. Rabbits prefer colder temperatures than humans, they adapt to cold very well (but not heat). They have very thick coats to keep them warm. I've heard the ideal temperature for adult rabbits is about 55 °F but that source didn't provide a reference for that.

Your bunny home looks fab!
Only thing I would say is to be careful with the cage door being down like that acting as a “ramp”, bunnies can get claws stuck in the gaps and rip off toenails or at least hurt them. It would be best if you could cover the bars with a piece of wood, or take the cage door away completely and just provide a box or something as a sort of step into the cage.

my bunny still prefers the window side, which for me personally is unpleasantly cold. Should I worry about him catching a cold there??

I wouldn't worry. Rabbits have fur to keep them warm. Also remember that wild rabbits don't hibernate, yet survive very cold weather every winter.

I keep my home around 19 C, and my rabbits love resting next to doors, windows, and walls that are cooler because it's cold outside.

Latest posts

Back