Romaine hearts?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought a pack of three romaine lettuce hearts for my rabbit. I thought I might have heard they can't have part of it....

So, the whole romaine heart, can they eat it? Not all at once, but I mean eating from the tip of the leaves to the bottom(which is the more thicker vein part, I guess you could call it?)

My bunny loves veggies and I've just been giving her some for the past couple months and I'm exploring different types. I'm such a paranoid rabbit owner, reading everything and researching everything, haha. "Are you SURE this is okay for her?" "This isn't (veggie here)!".

They can have the whole thing. Today, for a Thanksgiving treat, I gave my rabbits a romaine heart, and filled it with some carrot peels and pellets. It was a sort of 'taco' for then :D

Winterthebunny wrote:
I bought a pack of three romaine lettuce hearts for my rabbit. I thought I might have heard they can't have part of it....

So, the whole romaine heart, can they eat it? Not all at once, but I mean eating from the tip of the leaves to the bottom(which is the more thicker vein part, I guess you could call it?)

My bunny loves veggies and I've just been giving her some for the past couple months and I'm exploring different types. I'm such a paranoid rabbit owner, reading everything and researching everything, haha. "Are you SURE this is okay for her?" "This isn't (veggie here)!".
---herbivores are special eaters--you are wise to worry about what they eat,--as you see there are safe lists ans toxic lists of vegy,s---it is best to become very knowledgeable of them.. check ou the rabbit online library or click this link http://www.medirabbit.com -it is astonishing what is good and bad,,-- sincerely james waller

Romaine hearts are fine for them but is more expensive than buying a whole head of romaine. My rabbits like the outer, darker green leaves better though. I have also heard that some rabbits like the base of the head (the thick hard think that all the leaves are attached to). That is fine for them as well.

Latest posts

Back