Robbie missing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimbo

Reaction score
Our Robbie (who lives outdoors) has dug a hole under the neighbour's fence. He had never tried this before but has successfully done so and I can't find him. I went to the neighbour's backyard and it's like a jungle in there. I've asked the neighbour to look out for him but I'm hoping he hasn't escaped further beyond the neighbour's yard (which is fenced off and has no obvious exits but you could say the same about our yard and he found a way). I will shortly call the local vets and animal shelters. Any tips for getting Robbie back? Is it likely he'll find his way through the neighbour's jungle and come back through the hole?

Our Robbie (who lives outdoors) has dug a hole under the neighbour's fence. He had never tried this before but has successfully done so and I can't find him. I went to the neighbour's backyard and it's like a jungle in there. I've asked the neighbour to look out for him but I'm hoping he hasn't escaped further beyond the neighbour's yard (which is fenced off and has no obvious exits but you could say the same about our yard and he found a way). I will shortly call the local vets and animal shelters. Any tips for getting Robbie back? Is it likely he'll find his way through the neighbour's jungle and come back through the hole?
My only suggestion is set a live trap (like the kind used for raccoons and such) right next to his tunnel with his pellets in it. It is likely he’ll find his way back and what rabbit doesn’t love pellets.

Keep the hole open, put food in his enclosure, make the normal noises that you do when you feed him, like shaking the pellet box or such. If he's in earshothe might come.sooner or later.
Ar there any other rabbits in your neighbourhood? If he isn't neutered does are a magnet.
Live traps and wildlife cameras are great tools too.

After more than 24 hours Robbie has been found! He had gotten out of the neighbour's yard and was wandering the streets and thankfully a lady picked him up and took him to a local vet. I had left my details with them so they called me and I went and got him. He was a little shaken but seems back to normal now. Thanks everyone for your advice!

After more than 24 hours Robbie has been found! He had gotten out of the neighbour's yard and was wandering the streets and thankfully a lady picked him up and took him to a local vet. I had left my details with them so they called me and I went and got him. He was a little shaken but seems back to normal now. Thanks everyone for your advice!
Oh happy day!!!!!!so happy you have your precious Robbie back 👏👏🎉🎉

That is excellent news! So happy for you n Robbie! I was going to ask, I m assuming most of you are in the US?? Does your vet microchip rabbits?

When Elf is due for his next vaccination, we will get him microchip. Cannot bear it if he ever disappears down the road, as it is a busy road.

In Aust they normally microchip the rescue rabbits when they go to the rescue rabbitry.

That is excellent news! So happy for you n Robbie! I was going to ask, I m assuming most of you are in the US?? Does your vet microchip rabbits?

When Elf is due for his next vaccination, we will get him microchip. Cannot bear it if he ever disappears down the road, as it is a busy road.

In Aust they normally microchip the rescue rabbits when they go to the rescue rabbitry.
Thank you!
I am in Australia as well actually, and I will be getting Robbie microchipped. His original owners didn't do so though, but I will get it done ASAP

Hooray. Years ago, my daughter's ex-boyfriend broke into her apartment and destroyed a lot of furniture and stuff--the worst thing was that the RAT stole her rabbit and she thought she'd never see him again.. I told her to call the shelters and one of them had him and they were able to ID the person who gave him to them--I sure hope he didn't enjoy jail and having to pay for the damages.

Latest posts

Back