Risks with Bonding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Howard cordingley

Reaction score
I hope someone can help me! My rabbit Jasper 10 has not lost his sex drive I have a doe Skye who is 2 and is very placid. Both are indoor rabbits in seperate cages snd let out seperatley in the day for excercise. They usually go to each other’s cage when out. I try put them together but the older male just goes for her sexualy she don’t move when he’s on her but does try escape. He’s too old to be neutered she is spayed. I worry he may hurt her or vice versa but wondered what views were from others on here. I would love them to be together but ..,

It largely depends on the individual temperament of each rabbit.

It's possible they could settle into a companionable relationship. It's also possible that the doe will tire of his incessant advances and lash back in frustration. If that occurs, either the male will get the picture and back off somewhat OR he'll lash right back and they'll both end up in an all-out fight.

If you decide to give them a try, I'd suggest providing a box or hidey that is just large enough for the female to hide inside in such a way that he cannot physically get in a position to mount her. Sometimes that allows the female to have enough of a reprieve to continue on good terms with the male.

Latest posts

Back