Ripped off toenail

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hok9

Reaction score
My bunny had his toenail ripped off earlier. He has stopped bleeding since then and he didnt even scream or anything. I just wanted to post pics for reference to show how much they can bleed if you cut the nail too short.

P4160262.jpg

P4160265.jpg

poor little bunny, give him a cuddle from me. my roxy tore a claw last year. the new one has grown back at an angle. like yours she didnt make any sound. i only saw it during the daily bunny check:)

Cornstarch works too, I hear. I once got the nail of a bunny at the shelter and could NOT get it to stop bleeding! My shirt had these huge streaks of blood and styptic powder all over it. Cute bunny, btw. I hope he's feeling better. The nail may or may not grow back, but since he's not for show, it doesn't really matter. If it doesn't grow back, that's one less nail to have to cut!

It was perfect timing though, i was just about to cut his nails when this happend. I put some pressure on it at first to get some of the blood away, then i just let it bleed to start to clot. He did the rest, and now he is back to eating everything around his mouth and running like crazy.

Latest posts

Back