RIP - White Chocolate is sick

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hazel-Mom

Reaction score
I'm taking White Chocolate to the vet this afternoon. She's been "off" for the last 2 days, still drinking, but not eating. It's as if she wants to eat, but then can't, or something... she just ends up sitting with her head in her greens bowl, poor girl.
We did manage to syringe her some crushed pellets mixed with unsweetened apple-blueberry sauce, so that's at least something.
I'm suspecting teeth or mouth problems, since she acts like she'd eat if she could. We'll have to see what the vet says.
Hopefully they know what they are doing, it's a new place because her regular vet is gone for the month on medical leave :X. But her office referred us to that clinic, and they said they'd worked with them before, so... fingers crossed.

This is a sad post, unfortunately.
White Chocolate is no longer with us. She passed away in my arms at the vet.
Coming home and having to tell my daughter was very hard, White Chocolate was her baby, they loved each other dearly.
We aren't sure what really happened, only that she went very fast... 2 days ago she was running and binkying outside in "her" new screentent Yesterday evening we had to syringe feed her. Today she was worse, so we took her to the vet in the afternoon. By the time we got there, she was starting to bloat, and going in shock. Before the vet could administer fluids and X-ray her, she convulsed in my arms and was gone....
I will write in the Rainbow Bridge forum later.

Oh noooooooo!!! :tears2:

I came to check how she was... my little Christmas poster bunny... :bigtears:

This is so sad.... Your poor daughter, what a loss.

So very sorry. :(

sas :cry1:

Oh no!...i'm so very sorry for your loss

:sad:

Your family and especially your daughter are deep in my thoughts

Cheryl

OH NO! :(

Did she eat a bunch of grass when she wasn't used to it?

We had a horse in the barn (not ours) colic the other day from that.

I'm so very sorry - I know how much she meant to your daughter and family.

Hazel-Mom, I'm so sorry. It's even worse when they're gone so quickly, without even knowing the cause...It's should be so hard on your daughter, being so close to White Chocolate. I really feel for you.

Marietta

Oh no! I read about her passing in the RO Today thread :( I'm so, so sorry, I saw your thread yesterday but thought she would probably be okay. Poor White Chocolate and I feel so sad for your daughter. Why do bunnies have to be so delicate? I can't believe White Chocolate is gone, she was such a spunky girl and will be missed by many :sad:

Latest posts

Back