(RIP) UPDATE: Luna has stones in both kidneys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Huge hugs to you, Janet, and all of the dutches. I know she loves to be with you and her buddies and her life has done a complete 180 from where she was before. Although you won't get to spend years and years with her, the time you have with her will be so much more special because she is such a special girl. Ah now I'm crying too.

I thought about you and Luna today when I saw a reply from you in Let Your Hare Down. I am so sorry the news isn't good. Claire said what I wanted to say, but better so I will Ditto her. I will be thinking of you and Luna.

To tell you the truth, I think I am cried-out at the moment....:tears2:

Thanks every one for the hugs and prayers. Luna is responding very well to the fluids and the pain meds, but it has only been two days. She is still herself --- still sits in the kitchen doorway asking for treats ever so nicely :D, hanging out with Patrick and Zappa (I have some cute pics from this morning), running around the house, and trying to steal hays from the piggies and veggies from Zappa. Luna is still Luna and she melts my heart every time I see her being herself.

Things happen for reasons we may never know. Luna came into my life maybe whenLuna needed to learn to trust someone, and I needed someone to nurture andlet into my heart. A year and a half is not a long enough timetogether because we both finally have what each of us needs. It is not fair for either of us to have to part earlier than we would ever want to. The unfair part is that I didn't get to have Luna in my life from the time she was a baby. It is unfair that she had to deal with any abuse or neglect from a past owner, when I could have been showering her with love from the beginning. And now, to have her taken from me...

I am glad thatmy trio formedwhenit did, because Patrick will still have Zappa. She isn't his true-love, but they enjoy being together and Zappa is learning to groom him more. I was in shockwhen I saw her actively taking care of Patch. I think they will be okay, but I know my heart will break.

Thanks again for all of the support given by members of RO. It really does help to know that others out there really do care about my bunnies.

myheart

It sounds like you have given her an amazing home and loved her to pieces. I'm sure she knows that. This must be heartbreaking for you. I will keep you in my thoughts.

I am so sorry :(

this also happened with my dog (heart dog -Bonne). She did not have stones but went into acute kidney failure after living with a chronic form of kidney disease for years.

She also because weak and woblly and vomited her food.I gave he sub q fluids for a about a month and it came to a really bad crises soI had her PTS .

this is a very painful uncomfortable condition so I know that you will know when it is time for her ...

Very sad...:tears2:

I am so sad to hear the developments with Luna :(. I can only imagine how hard this must be, knowing that your time together is limited. I do know, however, that Luna couldn't be better cared for or spoiled with you and her Dutchie friends.

Prayers going out for you and Luna, that she can be happy and pain free for as long as possible :hug:

Jan

LuvaBun wrote:
I am so sad to hear the developments with Luna :(. I can only imagine how hard this must be, knowing that your time together is limited. I do know, however, that Luna couldn't be better cared for or spoiled with you and her Dutchie friends.

Prayers going out for you and Luna, that she can be happy and pain free for as long as possible :hug:

Jan

Thanks Jan. Sorry I didn't respond sooner, but sometimes I just have to step away and enjoy having Luna Belle in my life for one more day. She is amazing with everything she is going through. I will say she still has quality of life yet. She sure still knows how to eat like a little piggie. ;)When her eyes tell me she is done with dealing with the pain, I will know what to do....

myheart

This is my final post on this thread... Luna passed away last night (10-03-09) around 8:00pm. She is now pain-free and enjoying all of the kale and parsley she wants!!!

I only wanted to post here with information about what Luna went through during her last few days. I don't believe there is any real information about what to expect for a rabbit during it's last few days with renal failure. I am sure that every rabbit will experience things a bit differently, but this was what Luna went through.

She started to become a bit weaker everyday and a bit more "spaced out." She would sit like she was in a daze, then wake up and be alert and ready for snacks. Little by little she seemed more dazed, which was probably the result of toxin build-up in her blood stream. Her moosh area also became very wet, as the vet had said was the cause of the production of extra mucus, again because of the increase in toxins. Her bottom also became very wet with urine, no matter how much I tried to keep her clean. At the end, she was having a difficult time breathing and would take large gasping breaths every so often. I am sure that she had to be filling up with fluids or mucus either in her lungs or her chest. She passed away peacefully and without a struggle.

I would appreciate it if a mod could mark this thread appropriately. Thanks to every one who offered prayers and hugs. I like to think that Luna enjoyed these few months she had since her diagnosis. She was such a good girl for everything and tolerated so much. I couldn't have had a better patient for all of the meds and fluids.

Rest pain-free Luna Belle, my little ray of blue sunshine. :rabbithop

myheart

Oh I am so very very sorry Janet

What a loss to You! :(

No one could have given a bunny a better quality and loving life than you ..

She was so very very lucky to have you

Binky fee Luna!
"HUGS"

MAUREEN

:bigtears:

myheart wrote:
This is my final post on this thread... Luna passed away last night (10-03-09) around 8:00pm. She is now pain-free and enjoying all of the kale and parsley she wants!!!

I only wanted to post here with information about what Luna went through during her last few days. I don't believe there is any real information about what to expect for a rabbit during it's last few days with renal failure. I am sure that every rabbit will experience things a bit differently, but this was what Luna went through.

She started to become a bit weaker everyday and a bit more "spaced out." She would sit like she was in a daze, then wake up and be alert and ready for snacks. Little by little she seemed more dazed, which was probably the result of toxin build-up in her blood stream. Her moosh area also became very wet, as the vet had said was the cause of the production of extra mucus, again because of the increase in toxins. Her bottom also became very wet with urine, no matter how much I tried to keep her clean. At the end, she was having a difficult time breathing and would take large gasping breaths every so often. I am sure that she had to be filling up with fluids or mucus either in her lungs or her chest. She passed away peacefully and without a struggle.

I would appreciate it if a mod could mark this thread appropriately. Thanks to every one who offered prayers and hugs. I like to think that Luna enjoyed these few months she had since her diagnosis. She was such a good girl for everything and tolerated so much. I couldn't have had a better patient for all of the meds and fluids.

Rest pain-free Luna Belle, my little ray of blue sunshine. :rabbithop

myheart
I am so sorry, i didnt know anything about this.
i cried when i read it..i am truly sorry.

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did everything you could. I'm sure she knows how much you loved her.

I am so sorry that she is no longer with you, but I am so happy that she left this world peacefully. She was so treasured in her life and such a special bunny. She deserved all the love, berries, snuggles, and special care she got and more, and she showed that she appreciated it and loved you right back. I hope you and the rest of the trio are doing ok. I know that you did the very best by her that anyone could do. It may hurt now, but she was so special and had such a wonderful life with you, and I hope that can help you heal.
[hugs x 100000000]
You are not the only one who is crying for Miss Luna today.

:(
Hugs for you Janet... And Patrick and Zappa. I am sure Luna was as happy and as well cared for as can be in her final weeks. You did the best you could. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Back