RIP: Tiny has bladder infection/sludge (thought it was seizures)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh god. I just got home from work. Thinking he is fine. I had left my phone. I can't believe this. His loss is so hard for me, for all of us. I would say so much more but I am crying and still have to water the buns.

I can't believe this. Words can't express how sorry I am. I'm crying for you, for Tiny and for Miss Bea. I don't know what to say....I'm just so sorry.

I "need" to share this for some reason - maybe it is so others will understand part of the depth of my grief.

Miss Bea never really "liked" me. That is....till she bonded with Tiny this last time (they always loved to nap together but then would split up for various reasons). A couple of weeks ago - she started coming to me if I said her name (I usually had treats for her).

I put down her food just a bit ago - in the bowl she and Tiny used. She went and looked at her food - and then went and nudged Tiny. She then went back to her food and stared at it for about 10 minutes before eating a little bit (not gobbling it like normal). Then she somehow grabbed several pieces in her mouth - went over and dropped them by Tiny's head and sat there and ate beside him. Now she is sitting less than 3 inches from his nose grooming herself and then stopping to look at him.

Now she is grooming his chin...and he's been gone over 2 hours now.

My baby girl....how am I gonna help her?

Peg

I think when she is done saying goodbye she will just move away from him and do something else. I don't really know. Perhaps she doesn't want to let him go yet. I'm so sorry Peg. Give her a little more time I think.

Hi Peg. I just came on for a short bit and read through the entire thread. My heart is broken for you and your family. My thoughts are with you, I can't imagine your heartache.

Take care.

Nadia

Oh my god...Peg, I am sitting heresobbing like a baby. :bigtears:How can this happen...it's Tiny. :cry4:I was totally happy and thought he was going to pull through. I'm just in shock. :cry1:

I'm so sorry Peg. Tiny and you (and Miss Bea) will be in my prayers. :nerves1:pray:Our hearts go out to you and your family. This is just so heartbreaking...

I have started his rainbow bridge thread....and I've decided to honor Tiny by telling his story on it. It may be several chapters long - chapter one is about how he became the BunFather....

Miss Bea still does not want to leave his body - she will leave it and then come back and try to nuzzle him - and leave him - and come back. Its been almost 3 hours now....

That's ok - I don't know if I can really believe he's gone either.

Here's the link to his thread...

http://www.rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=32698&forum_id=27

Peg

Oh God, Peg...we just got home a bit ago, and I was letting Danny play a game on the computer instead of checking up to see how Tiny was.

I'm so so sorry we weren't here for your call...we were at a Superbowl party...and I feel so awful that I wasn't here for you when you needed me most.

I'm sure you know how this has affected me, and how horribly awful I'm feeling for you right now...this was such a shock to see...I'm so sorry you lost your sweet boy...I really don't know what to say.

How can there be a Teeny without a Tiny? Tiny's the whole reason I got this sweet baby boy...and I feel like there's a hole in the universe now without Teeny's "big brother". How can this be right? It isn't fair, Peg...

I'm here and home now if you want to talk...but I completely understand if you can't handle it. I'm going to go put Em to bed for about fifteen minutes, then I should be out. Please drop me a line and let me know if you need me to call you when I get out...or just call, ok?

Gosh...I'm so so sorry...I feel like such a rotten friend...to be gone, and then to not check the moment I got home. I really didn't expect this...

Let me know any way AT ALL that I can help, ok?

Always here for you,

Rosie*

Art just removed Tiny from the room and Miss Bea watched. She was pretty upset - but I think she was also willing to let him go. I think she understands now.

The thing that concerns me is that she's going from pen to pen trying to fight with the bunnies through the bars....she is starting to settle down now so I'm going to keep an eye on her for a few minutes before I go to bed. She is eating a bit too.

Peg

P.S. Rosie - it isn't like you're supposed to live by the computer for updates about Tiy - know what I mean? It's ok....really. I don't know if I can talk or if I've lost my voice from crying so much......

Oh, Peg...I know...but at the same time, I feel like I abandoned my best friend in her time of need...I care about you so much, and I hate that I wasn't here.

I really really didn't expect this...I'm still so much in shock...as I'm sure you are, too...

What can I do? Please tell me there's something I can do...

I feel so helpless...I wish flights weren't so dang expensive...I would've flown in a heartbeat, had I had the $700, Peg.

This is so unfair...and feels so wrong...it doesn't seem like something that should have happened...it really doesn't.

Is there anything at all I can do???

I know Rosie, I feel so bad as well, I'm just dwelling on it cuz it's so not fair and that hurts way more.

Feel free to pm me, Peg, anytime in the future if you have any questions. I'll be glad to help you out.:)

Thinking of you and your family. Prayers for you guys and that Tiny is a binkying bun right now;).

Oh nooo! Peg, I'm so sorry... Dear Tiny... I thought he was going to pull through :( Poor Miss Bea, she sounds heart broken. How sweet that she tried to bring him food. I'm very sorry for the loss of sweet Tiny.

I'm so unbelievably sorry for you Peg. It's funny how you can cry for someone you've never met before because you know how much their heart is breaking. Tiny was one of the first bunnies that I read about on the forum and I thought he seemed like such a great rabbit. He made me want to adopt males when I adopt next. He was beautiful. All I can say is I'm so sorry for your loss.

oh peg... i'm so very very sorry :(this is all very sudden, i'm in shock and lost for words..

hang in there, and do take care of yourself ok? we're all here for you *hugs*

I just read about this and I am very sorry about Tiny.

Take care of yourself

Roger

Oh, no! I can't believe this! It's so unfair! I really really thought he was going to recover. I don't know what to say, it's so horrible, I was crying and not believing my eyes when I read about it...Peg, we all share your pain. Tiny is never going to be forgotten here and you'll always be Tiny's mom... I'm so deeply sorry for Tiny and you...Words cannot express how everybody feels right now...

Marietta

Latest posts

Back