RIP Talking Phone :(

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipp

Reaction score
It was the coolest phone... it talked to me. It read out the names and numbers as it rang,I didn't even have to get up to look. It saved me fromtelemarkers, tax collectors and nagging relatives.

But alas... I moved it for the briefest time... and the power cord sagged just a little...

and....

SNIP!

It was in somebunny's
100_4818-2.jpg
way. Apparently.

I must confess, it wasn't all somebunny's
100_4818-2.jpg
fault ...

... seeing as I twirled the wires back together and it worked fine... until like an idiot, I didn't tape them up right away... or the day after ... or the day after that ... and eventually I think they touched and shorted out the whole thing. :tears2:

Okay, I'll take more than half the blame.

Besides... I'm not nearly as cute. :hearts

But I sure do miss my phone. :sigh:

Good old
100_4818-2.jpg
. :biggrin2:

Maybe she
100_4818-2.jpg
was telling you something. :p

Like you were on the phone :phone: too much and weren't paying enough attention to
100_4818-2.jpg
. :bunny18

Oh No! LOL!

I was reading and thought "OH we can order you a new cord!!" .......

then I finished reading.... :foreheadsmack:

She's too cute to be mad at.

One of my clients has that talking phone too..... "call from .... Sometimes you can understand and sometimes you can't"

Call from..... Unknown Caller...... Call from .... Cellular Call....

Call from.... Rabbits On Line

I loved this story!

Poor phone, but cute bunny. Real cute bunny.

See, you should've just just let somebunny
100_4818-2.jpg
take all the blame.

Somebunny
100_4818-2.jpg
is so cute it would be too hard to be mad for longer than a second!

I loved this story so much. But so sad to hear about your phone.

Ring free, phone...ring free.

- Alexah

Fer some reason I am picturing a phone with Kitt's voice from Knight Rider.. old school.

Mallory recently kept escaping from his pen several times a night in an effort to whisper sweet nothings to my Cali doe with Mastitis..

He chewed up my cords on my computer speakers, my webcam, the phone, the fax machine, the surround sound and the shredder..

Mallory and Maddie have since gotten a new pen..with a lid..

I did find out, however, that a rabbits sign of affection is to poop all over around the does cage..

I have asked my husband to refrain from expressing his love for me when I am contained in my throne room, the bathroom..

GoinBackToCali wrote:
Fer some reason I am picturing a phone with Kitt's voice from Knight Rider.. old school.

Pipp, I detect a short in my cord. I have approximately 3 seconds before the rabbit will have complete control over me... :p

Poor phone, it didn't even have a fighting chance against
100_4818-2.jpg

...it can now ring free in the giant reciever in the sky... maybe it will meet my late radio.

Lol, what a great story! And no, you couldn't me mad at her, she's just so cute! :)

Before we moved our main phone base upstairs with the cord tucked neatly away up there, Mouse and Chalk used to eat our phone line ALL the time, but sometimes we wouldn't notice for a few days. My mum would call my mobile and say 'why aren't you answering?' And then we'd see the loose wire hanging! :shock:

Gotta love them buns though :p

I love the way you told the story with pics! Very entertaining. Should be ina childrens book entitled "Bunnyproofing your home"

I have a similer phone and I love it, the cordless handset quit working years ago and I keep using the base part just for the talking caller id. I'm devastated at your loss. lol My favorite thing it says is "call from Ray die o shock" It cracks me up everytime, of course it's really Radioshack calling.

We are in the process of moving and when we moved the couches, which blocked access to all the wires, Ruby got back there and the power cord to my cordless was chomped in at least 6 places. She was back there maybe 2 minutes and all I found were 3-4" pieces of what used to be a cord. :p

Aww I'm sorry :(That does sound like a neat phone, but personally I can't stand telephones, I cringe when the ring, and I only use them when I have to. I think maybe "somebunny" feels the same way :biggrin2:

Silly Pipp! Amber recently chewed up my laptop charger cord. Luckily it was unplugged at the time:shock:.

By the way, that phone sounds cool. Although a talking caller idea might creep me out a bit:biggrin2:.

Pet_Bunny wrote:

Like you were on the phone :phone: too much and weren't paying enough attention to
100_4818-2.jpg
. :bunny18

LOL PB, she was on my lap at the time.

She's more apt to get her pets when I'm on the phone because I don't have the keyboard blockingmy lap. (I live in a Lazyboy in front of the computer with a wireless keyboard on my lap and a wireless mouse on the arm). ;)

Alexah wrote:

Ring free, phone...ring free.

Too funny Alexah! :laugh:

Becknutt wrote:

We are in the process of moving and when we moved the couches, which blocked access to all the wires, Ruby got back there and the power cord to my cordless was chomped in at least 6 places. She was back there maybe 2 minutes and all I found were 3-4" pieces of what used to be a cord. :p

It's absolutely stunning how fast they can do that, isn't it? Ruby and:grumpy:must have trained at the same cutting edge
biting.gif
academy.

trailsend wrote:

Aww I'm sorry :(That does sound like a neat phone, but personally I can't stand telephones, I cringe when the ring, and I only use them when I have to. I think maybe "somebunny" feels the same way :biggrin2:

Yeah, me too! Honestly, all I get is calls from telemarketers, tax collectors and nagging relatives! I haven't even replaced the thing. But Iloved it becauseI didn't have to answer it.:cry4:

Thanks all, for your kind words and thoughts. I'm wearing my black sweats.

And lookee there... holes everywhere! :banghead

sas and :bunnyheart

Oh man, sorry to hear about your phone sas:(. Funny though, we have one of those phones:)! Ours is a Panasonic.

You can also put songs to certain numbers and put color ringers on it. Love it! Everybody needs one:D!

Like Bo said, it says those things and sometimes it can't pronounce the names of companies right, it's funny.

Latest posts

Back