RIP Sweet Chase

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBabyBunnies

Reaction score
Just thought I'd let you know that my fiancé's mom called me this morning because Chase suddenly took a turn for the worse. He suddenly came down with head tilt but it seems to be somewhat neurological more than virus related. He was seizing too. So we rushed him into an emergency vet and had him put down. I didn't want him to suffer any more. Adam and I are heartbroken. He really loved that little guy but he had a great life and that's all I can ask for.

RIP my sweet, demanding little Chase. Binky free.

Oh Laura, I'm so sorry. My heart sank whenI saw Chase's name.

It's such a difficult decisionon to make but the right one for the bunny.

Binky Free at the Rainbow Bridge Chase.

Hugs to Mommie Lauraand Daddy Adam

Susan

Thanks Susan. I'm still heartbroken. I've been feeling sick all day. It's starting to sink in now but I have to keep telling myself that it was for the best. I've dealt with head tilt before and I know that he was too far gone to have a hope at recovering. Adam and I are sure going to miss him, Adam really brought out his sweet, demanding attitude in the last few months and he was just the sweetest, funniest rabbit.

I hope I feel better tomorrow, this is going to be a long week.

Oh no, I was hoping it wasn't 'our' Chase. :( :sad:

I remember him as the 'Brad Pitt' of bunnies.

So very sorry Laura. But he did have a great life.

Hope you're doing okay.

Sorelle

So sorry Laura. Just catching up on the news for Chase. So sad it occurred so suddenly, and that he didn't have to suffer. It must be hitting hard for Adam too.

Chase was special and was one of the bunnies that crossed paths between us. Chase was adopted by Laura during a mass seizure by the Edmonton Humane Society. That is how I became involved with the shelter and recruited as a volunteer to help with the bunnies.

Binky Free Chase.

Thanks guys. We're doing ok. I keep second guessing myself thinking maybe I should have fought for him but I would have had to wait another day to see my vet and he was so bad on Sunday already that I knew it was best to just let him go. I'm not even sur it was something we could have fought. I'm going to miss his attitude that Adam managed to bring out in the last few months. I never bonded that closely with him but I still loved him to pieces but Adam and Chase sure took well to eachother, it was sweet to see.

Chase will always be the bunny that stole Adam's heart but it's because of him that Adam loves bunnies as much as I do now.

And yes, Chase was a hoarder rescue bunny. He always bared the signs of it - misformed chin, arthritis possibly from a previously fractured bone, pasteurella (I think) that caused his sneezing and possibly the head tilt in the end. Still he was a sweet bunny and I will miss him but I'm glad he's back together with His old cage mates, Reese and Naomi.

Soo sorry to hear this, may they all (the gang from previous years) be celebrating up there with my Jezebel and Jaden-I know so many buns from our days that must of welcomed your Chase xoxoxo
:hug1

Latest posts

Back