( RIP) Stomach Problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratmom

Reaction score
Oliver is having problems with his stomach. Yesterday his poops were mushy & he didn't seem right, but he was eating and later in the night poops were more solid and dark, but smaller. This morning he won't move around much we've been giving him stomach massages and the baby gas drops. His stomach makes a sloshing sound which I haven't heard before,but it's not hard. He will take treats from me, but that's about it.I've seen him drinking too. His bottom has been messy a few times this morning and earlier it looked like he was trying to go, but couldn't. I gave him a washed dandelion green from outside the other day to try and I wonder if this is what caused this. I feel so awful I've been worrying and crying not knowing what to do. He's my one bun that will not eat hay no matter what,but we haven't had any major problems with him and his tummy. A couple years ago this happened so we did the gas drops, pumpkin etc and it got better after a few days. Hope someone can help until I can get him into the vet. I'm calling them this morning.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

I didn't manage to read your thread earlier, so I'm really sorry for that, but the sloshing sound is very characteristic of something, but I can't for the life of me remember what.

I'm sorry that no one was able to respond to your post sooner.

Binky free Oliver.

I'm also very sorry about your bun passing:(

I, like, Tracy have heard of the 'sloshing sound" but cannot relate it to any particular condition other than it definitely sounds like a huge distrubance of the GI tract.

Thank you I really appreciate it. He was well over 9 years old also not totally sure how old he was. We only had him just over 2 years, but he made a big impact on our lives. I just can't believe he's gone and I can't stop crying. I have rats also and compared to losing rats this is way worse. Everything in this house reminds me of him, because he has his socks, toys, blankets in certain parts of the house. It's really hard to go in the rat room where he was. I'm used to waking up letting him out and him being around all day it's just so strange and sad. I'm just glad I have another bunny to snuggle with. Rescue remedy is my friend right now.

It's so hard to lose a bun ...especially when it happens so quickly .9 yr.is a good long life for a bun.
I'm so sorry that you're feeling so bad :(
maybe you want to write a thread aboutOliver in rainbow bridge ?

"hugs"

Maureen

I'm so sorry. I wish there was something you could have done. I'm sure he was a very special bunny and you will miss him very much. :(

I'm really sorry to hear he passed. It sounds like you did everything you should have here, I somehow doubt it was the dandelion. Rabbits love dandelions and they shouldn't cause GI upset especially if he had one before, unless the dandelion might have possibly had been treated with herbicides. I'm glad he was able to eat the treats you gave him before he passed, I bet that made him happy :nod Sorry for your loss.

Latest posts

Back