(RIP) Stitch is at the vet office now-

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Leaf

Reaction score
I really don't know what happened. I had him gated in the entry-way of the house. He was doing great, exploring and eating. I had been doing morning chores, walking back and forth and keeping an eye on him.

When I walked by with the laundry basket he ran the short length of the walkway, turned, went up two steps, "screamed" and fell down the two steps. He lost control of his bowls and couldn't stand after that.

I've taken him to the vet office, where he still is. X-rays showed a possible hairline fracture on his back but right below it there is a knot the vet wasn't very sure of. He's going to be at the vet office today and possibly overnight. My vet wanted to call in his partner who is currently at a veterans day parade.

He said there were several possibilities but with the hairline fracture possibility paralysis has not been ruled out yet. If that is the case I just don't know if there will be many options for him.

Right now all I can do is wait for a phone call to see what all is found when the other vet gets in.

The vets called and spoke to me. We discussed several types of treatments and they asked me to come back in to the office. I had left because there wasn't anything I could DO until the second vet came in. By the time I got to the office he had gone into shock and started having severe respiratory problems. He went quickly without having to be euthanized. I should find out Monday what his exact problems were. By bringing him home with no background history I guess anything is possible. He wasn't in good shape when I got him but the last thing I expected was to lose him this quickly. I had expected and anticipated a full recovery from his visable ailments especially considering he had already been vetted one time and nothing major was discovered then.

I'm so sorry for your loss. I don't have the words to say anything - I'm so stunned.

You're in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you don't mind - I changed the title and added RIP.

When you're up to it - feel free to add him to the Rainbow Bridge area.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Peg

Oh no!! I'm so sorry! Was it like he was scared and fell and then messed himself or anything? or did he seem sick as he went up the stairs?

I'm just so sad for that little fella. You know - he had you love him for a week. Thank God he was out of that nasty hole he lived in.

I can't believe it... poor Stitch. First it was Gravy getting sick yesterday, and now Stitch. Poor little bunner, I was so looking forward to hearing about him in the future. I'm sorry he's gone and I'm sorry you have to go through this. Like the others said, I'm glad he got to know what it was like to live in a good place with good food and toys and space to play and someone who loved him at the end.

Latest posts

Back