RIP Steve Irwin

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a HUGE blow to the animal world to losesomeone that could of and has done SO much for the world of animals. Iloved that guy.I think of people in this world that just "take upspace" and then think of someone like Steve that could of had years ofeducating the world. So sad! Last night I was watching films of himwith his wife and kids..what a guy..what a loss:(

I always thought the guy was invincible. He was such an iconic part of our generation.

RIP Steve

Loki and I will miss you wrestling those crocs.

I heard about that! We kept talkingabout it in school because even teachers kept bringing it up.One guy said he thought it was funny and i swear almost everyone juststared at him. I couldn't believe he had said that.I feel horriblefor his family though...

Australia has lost something very important tothem:(,Steve was such a remarkable guy and he was always such full oflife,i loved watching his shows because you can see how enthusiastic hewas and how much he loved the wild life,he was just an all roundfantastic guy who died doing what he loved,he was just 44 years oldstill way to young:(.

I was watching tv when a news flash came on and they said that SteveIrwin had died,omg..i could not believe it,there was a tribute on Stevelast night at 8:00pm,he was such a happy go lucky guy,everyone isreally going to miss this guy.

It felt like Australia stood still when we all learned of Steves death:(,he was an aussie icon.

His two children are going to suffer the hardest,because they have lost the best daddy ever:(

423.jpg

cheryl

It was quite the topic of discussion in classtoday. One girl was talking about how she heard just part ofthe news saying that he was stabbed..., (by a sting ray barb, butdidn't hear that part) and thought who in their right mind would wantto stab Steve Irwin, I definately agree with that, such a greatguy.

cheryl13 wrote:
Australia has lost something very important to them:(,Stevewas such a remarkable guy and he was always such full of life...
423.jpg

cheryl
According to the media monitoring agencies, it's getting more attentionthan the two trapped miners got earlier this year.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Cheryl... He was so full of life.

Seeing that photostill makes me cry. :bigtears:

sas :pink iris:

I had heard on the news that they were thinkingof showing the footage of that day,i think that would just bedevestating to watch if they did air it,can you believe it! when Stevewas stung by the stingray,he pulled it out himself and then hedied,poor guy:(

You know,i have seen a lot of documentaries in my life,but none likeSteve Irwin's,you could see the love and enjoyment in all his shows,itwas like he was "high" on what he does,he breathed the wild life,heloved those creatures so much,

Sas,as i did feel sorry for those two trapped miners and theirfamilies,but losing Australia's aussie icon Steve is more of atradegy,he brought so much to the world,everyone just loved Steve

masterpre3.jpg

Ahhh goodbye mate we are all going to miss ya!

cheryl

LuvaBun wrote:
I guess the Rainbow bridge has another specialguy there now (along with our own Buck)!

Jan
picture this....

Steve, bounding aross the Bridge, going, "Crikey!!!!....look at all the bunnies!!!!
Buck, sitting on a bench, shaking his head and softly chuckling...."Ohmy..."

...brought a smile

...binkie with the buns Steve!!

~Jim

I agree...that's a beautiful visual, Jim...:) What a wonderful man.

JimD wrote:
LuvaBunwrote:
I guess the Rainbow bridge has anotherspecial guy there now (along with our own Buck)!

Jan
picture this....

Steve, bounding aross the Bridge, going, "Crikey!!!!....look at all the bunnies!!!!

...brought a smile

~Jim

With a three year old and three month old boyswe travel across the USA, from New York to California. We tapedCrocodile Hunter episodes because it was the one show my young sonwould watch (neither sleep in cars). After nine days of listening toSteve Irwin wrestle crocs and pet snakes I will always be in his debt.He helped keep our sanity on a very long car ride.

The hardest part was explaining it to my now 7 year old son. He wasbroken up and cried quite a bit. He insisted on watching CrocodileHunter on Monday evening. Animal Planet ran the tribute show and by theend my entire family had tears.

Rest in Peace, Steve. You hold a place of honor with many people and you leave a hole in my heart.

Aww I am really upset still! WheneverI see a picture of him im nearly in tears! I cant imaginewhat Aussies are like if I am like that! :(

I heard that today (friday) was khaki day? Where you had to wear khaki clothes to show how much Steve is missed.

Also I heard there is a charity for him! I think thats a really sweetidea. I will definetly be sending off my next wage packet tothat charity!

Ive just watched an interview on my computerwith Bindi in, and its so sad! She loved her dad so much:( I can imagine she is estatic right now. I havenever cryed over a celebrity dieing before. It feels reallystrange. But everybody knows how much Steve wasloved.

He is up there nowshining down on all of us :pinkpansy::tears2:

I've tried to avoid the news listings andpieces about this because it's just too heartbreaking - in general andpersonally.

It's Steve who has opened the world up for my son. My sonhas had a dream over the last 5ish years.... to be just like SteveIrwin. My son idolizes him (still). When he heardof Steve's passing, my son told me that one day, when he is older andtraveling the world studying wildlife... if he ever gets a show of hisown, he will dedicate every episode to Steve and his family.My son is only 9yrs old.

Jim... I've been fighting back the tears for so long - but this visual broke me.

Rest in Peace Steve:pink iris: Prayers and Blessings to Terri, Bindi, and Bob. :pray:

~Sunshine

JimD wrote:
LuvaBun wrote:
I guessthe Rainbow bridge has another special guy there now (along with ourown Buck)!

Jan
picture this....

...brought a smile

~Jim

I have been very worried about this very thinkCinnabunny. I don't have any children but I wonderhow all the parents will break this to their kids. He wassuch a hero to many people and I feel horribly for his family.

My hubbie says that God must have been in a real bad mood that day orsomething. It doesn't make any sense how something sofreakish could happen to such a great guy.

You are very loved Steve! We will miss you!

Cinnabunny wrote:
With a three year oldand three month old boys we travel across the USA, from New York toCalifornia. We taped Crocodile Hunter episodes because it was the oneshow my young son would watch (neither sleep in cars). After nine daysof listening to Steve Irwin wrestle crocs and pet snakes I will alwaysbe in his debt. He helped keep our sanity on a very long car ride.

The hardest part was explaining it to my now 7 year old son. He wasbroken up and cried quite a bit. He insisted on watching CrocodileHunter on Monday evening. Animal Planet ran the tribute show and by theend my entire family had tears.

Rest in Peace, Steve. You hold a place of honor with many people and you leave a hole in my heart.

Latest posts

Back