( RIP )Please help!!!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yoyishanti

Reaction score
I just found my rabbit laying on her side and paralyzed legs. First thing came to my mind that she ate the tv cable and got electric shock but I don't see any damaged cables and usually I'm very careful if she goes close to the cables. She is about 1 year old mixed breed and healthy diet. Please help. What could cause this? She moves her head but legs are paralyzed/very week she can't walk. She even keeps her tail down but eyes are wide open and again, she can move her head and ears.

You need to get her to a vet as soon as you can.
can she move her back end/legs at all?
What does she do if you were to pinch one of her back toes, does she respond to pain?

She may have had some type of neurological stroke or thrown a clot in her lower body, pinched a nerve, but you really need a vets diagnosis on this.

If youre unable to get her to an emerge vet this evening, move her, very carefully, to a carrier or smaller enclosure, with just towels on the bottom. Put her favourite food right infront of her, offer yummy herbs and good stuff, and her water within reach as well. Keep the room shes in warm. Ensure she keeps eating and drinking and keep a close eye on her, try not to move her unless you have to.

Yes this is an emergency. Please get this rabbit to an emergency rabbit savvy vet immediately. I hope this bunny is okay. I will be praying for this bunny to be healed.

Good luck and I hope things go well for you.

Ok guys I'm on my way to the local 24 hour emergency vet! I just found an open cable that she chew and I'm sure it's an electric shock! Her front legs are strong just back legs don't feel anything even when I Pinch them.

Please let us know how it goes at the vet. I hope your bunny is okay. This must be so scary for you. I cannot imagine what I would be feeling if Sweetie were like this.

Doctor sent us to X-ray he says it might be that she broke her back:( I'm waiting for the X-ray now. But she does not seem in pain, she's trying to walk with her front legs only.

:(((((( ;(((( they made her to sleep! She had a broken back! RIP my beautiful girl! I donno how this could happen! I can't I just can't beleive:((((( Rest in peace my little baby:((((((

:(((((( ;(((( they made her to sleep! She had a broken back! RIP my beautiful girl! I donno how this could happen! I can't I just can't beleive:((((( Rest in peace my little baby:((((((

Oh, I'm so sorry. OUr Speckles, had some sort of issue similar to this and we ended up have her put down as she couldn't get better. :'(

I am so sorry for your loss. You did everything that you could do for your bunny. Please don't blame yourself for her passing. I hope things get better with time and you will be okay.

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear that she's gone :( You definitely did the right thing, you took her to the vet as soon as you could. Did the vet tell you what they thought caused this?

Again, my heart goes out to you. Sleep well, little angel.

Yoyishanti wrote:
Thanks for your support everyone! I will be ok. It's just too darn sad;(

I totally understand how sad it is to lose a bunny. I lost my male netherland dwarf two weeks ago and it is still hard to accept that he is gone. He was 2 1/2 years old. The vet said that he was hypoglycemic, his blood sugar was low and his temperature was 6 degrees below normal. I have always wondered what was wrong with him and my vet and I didn't know until the day he was dying.

You are a good bun parent.

Doctor said she might chew the cable and because of electric shock she could of try to jump badly and hit her back to something;( she was always so active and happy, she would jump with her back legs so high to greed me every time I would come home and let her out of the cage. She was like my little puppy, very clever. She always liked to run and jump on my bed whenever I would open her cage. This time she ran to my bedroom and I was sure was on my bed. I went to my bedroom to bring her back to living room since I never leave her unattended, but this all happened very quick:(( too many memories;( I will try not to think of them because it makes me... really really sad. I got extremely attached to her for this 1 year of her life;(

She was obviously very loved, and I know that it's hard to think of it now, but it will get easier with time. It was an accident, and even though she couldn't be saved, you did the very best thing for her.

I have to ask though, for the safety of any other buns you may have, have you checked your apartment/house for any other cords that anyone else could get in to? I know it's easy to forget about a cord tucked away somewhere. It's very hard to completely 100% bunny proof a house.

I removed the broken cable and going to just separate that area with something high and keep the door to my bedroom always closed so my other lionhead baby never goes there.

Latest posts

Back