RIP: Pippi is having a few problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Cheryl, cry as many tears and times as you wish to. Healing is an individual process and no one can experience the pain as us bunny parents do, as many of us have lost our dearest soulmates and friends.

Flashy and *all RO'ers here* have some wonderful shoulders to lean on. Reach out to us, as we'll provide strength at this time of incredible ache and sorrow.

You gave Pippi a wonderful life. He was magnificently lucky to know your LOVE.

I'm so sorry. He will always love you though his body needed to rest and be at peace. {{ pippi and cheryl }}

Hugs, hugs, and more hugs.

I was away visiting family yesterday and got in a little while ago. I just logged on to see this sad news. I'm so sorry. I really don't have the words to express my sorrow. I just had a feeling yesterday that Pippi's fight was over. He is at peace. PM me if you want to talk.

I'm so very sorry Cheryl. Pippi was so special and he knew how much he was loved. You were the world to him.

It's going to hurt for a while. :tears2: But please, for his sake and yours, think of all the wonderful times you had together. He wouldn't want you to go into that dark a place. :hug:

:pray: Wishing you peace in your heart. He is free of all the pain and discomfort, and will always be in your heart.

Binky Free Pippi :rainbow: :pink iris:

merry christmas pippi <3

:cry2

cheryl, you should start an EC charity where people can donate money to help understand EC and its effect on rabbits maybe. maybe your local vets who treated pippi will put out a small box for it. i am sure there is somewhere in the world where people are doing research on EC.

it doesn't sound like there are very many rabbit savvy vets that are educated in EC and the treatment of this dehabilitating parasite. perhaps pippi could be the step over the line that this parasite needed to be more recognized there.

this could be the Pippi Foundation <3 :)

RIP pippi, you hung tight. you are so loved and will always be missed.
:pink iris::rainbow:

I'm so sorry Cheryl...

Pippi will be missed, but we know what a good life he had with you. He loved you very much, and that can be the greatest gift of all, to spend your life with the love of your life.

--Dawn

When my Simon passed due to EC I donated his body to the University of Penn Vet School. In life and in death Simon continued to be a teacher. The vets and myself learned a lot dealingwith the effects this diease. Yet, there is much more to learn.

Thinking of your Cheryl, and wondering how you are.

x

I'm so sorry that Pippi passed. Your bunnies are beautiful and they still love you, if you believe in that sort of thing.

This poem helped me to get through the recent death of my Pug (one of the reasons I haven't been posting as much).

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.
I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.
I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.
I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush
Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the starshine of the night.
I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.
I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.

I'm feeling so lost without Pippi at the moment.....

Christmasmorning Pippi was fine...he ate and was drinking and i even took him outside for a while,thenwe went to my sister's house for lunch and came home around 7:00pm...he was still ok...until around 10pm and i noticed Pippi was just different.....he wouldn't let me pat him orgoanywhere near him...he kept hopping away from me...first time in all the years that i have had him.....somewhere deep in my heart,i sort of knew that he was giving up....he had had enough i'm sure.

I was scared to go to sleep that night...but i was still sort of naive about it all,saying to myself that Pippi will still be here tomorrow morning....i'm so stupid.

I woke up 5:30am and my heart was beating really fast,i got out of bed and went to check Pippi...he wasn't in his normal spot....i gently looked around the corner and i saw Pippi lying down in the corner of the room with his eyes open....i knew he was gone,i stood at that corner for what seemed like ages just staring at Pippi,i went over to him and bawled my eyes out and told him that i will love him forever and ever and ever.....i wrapped him up in a towel and i cradled his body in my arms for a while before i put him down and came on here to tell you guys thesad news.

What makes me feel really sad is that i'm sure he waited until after christmas to leave me,i could have lost him numerous times before....i know i should feel comforted by the fact that he was here for christmas...but i'm feeling he did it just for me....the morning after christmas...i just cannot believe it :(

I'm not going to pretend that i'm ok,because i'm not..Pippi's death kinda threw me over the edge.....i crumbled to the ground :(

When i say i'm not strong...please believe me...i'm in no way in control....i just have to be strong because i have noone else to be strong for me

EC finally destroyed Pippi and took him away....what an awful thing EC is.

I'm going to say more in a minute,but i need a break at the moment....i can not see the damm keyboard.

Thankyou for all your comments everyone,i cried at each and everyone of them:(

Will carry on with this in a few minutes....

I'm so glad you are about.

I'm not going to say too much because I know that you are going to post something else.

Here goes again...

The morning of Pippi's death was awful....i didn't take it well at all.

You know..i knew this day had to come some time soon,but i still never managed to prepare myself....it's not easy to lose a bunny suddenly or to know that your bunny is not well and he will eventually leave......it feels EXACTLY the same way,so i'm not understanding how people say it's a worse feeling to lose a bunny suddenly.

I lost my Strawberry suddenly...and i lost Pippi over time...and you know what....it all hurts just the same,no matter how each and every bunny dies...it feels all the same.

It was boxing day when Pippi died,and there was absolutely nothing open,Adelaide is the only state in Australia that stays closed for boxing day.

Anyway,i made my decision that i was going to get Pippi cremated....but i had to get him to the vet that day......i wasn't up to feeling like going anywhere at all,i just wanted to stay home and drown in my sorrows....i didn't want to leave the house.

I knew the vets wouldn't be open...but i still hopped in my car and drove to the Paralowie vets....closed it said....so i drove to the Broadview vets where Pippi was seeing Dr Lee....closed it said.....i was so distraught that day that i just hopped in my car and started to drive home,i was in tears the whole time while i was driving around.....i stopped at the traffic lights when they turned red,and i sat there and broke down.....the streets were pretty quiet....there were hardly any cars on the road.....but as i sat at the traffic lights,i forgot where i was,i cried so much...until i heard someone beep their horn for me to move....the light changed green and i didn't see it :(

I finally got home...and my son Anthony says 'why didn't you just call the vets first'...i just didn't think.....i was in a big mess.

Then all of a sudden i remembered the emergency vet,which i knew would havebeen open....i actually did call them first.....they told me to bring Pippi down straight away.

So i got Pippi's body,put him in his basket and i drove the 50 minute drive with Pippi's body sitting next to me,the whole time crying and telling Pippi that i loved him so so much and that i will adore him forever :(

When i arrived at the vet,the nurse took Pippi from me...since the RSPCA was closed for the day..Pippi had to go in the freezer :(

The vets don't cremate animals...what they do is...they will call the RSPCA to come pick up Pippi's body,take him back to the RSPCA and cremate him there,then they will send his ashes of to my chosen vet...which is much closer.

I was looking....'trying' to look.. through all my tears,at all the different urn's...i picked this nice one and i chose the colour cornflower blue for him.

I could have chosen a plastic urn..which cost $205...or a ceramic one which cost $230...i chose the ceramic one.

I wanted to do that for my other bunnies as well,but i had always freaked out and quickly buried them.......i guess by now you are all realizing what a hopeless fool i really am.

I should get Pippi's ashesback some time next week.....really i don't know why it would take that long....i wanted him back sooner than that.

Gosh..because i was in such a state when i turned up,the nurse spoke with me for ages....it felt kinda good to talk to someone...i told her everything about Pippi,and again it just felt good talking about him.

The day felt like it was just dragging along.....i got home from the vet and just fell on the lounge and that is where i stayed all curled up for hours,just thinking about Pippi and everything that we went through together.

Gosh i still have so much more to say about Pippi,but will write more about him later.

I'm missing Pippi badly...the tears haven't even stopped yet....i found his syringe that had his glucose drink in it and he wouldn't even drink it that night....i got it and chucked it across the room in anger.

Watching Pippi go through everything for months and months has hurt me tremendously.....he was one brave little boy:(

:bigtears:i'm missing you Pippi

Your mummy forever:pink iris:

No one should ever say any type of grief is worse, because they don't know, they can only know about themselves and their own personal griefs.

I also can't see why anyone would think you were a hopeless fool. Maybe all that driving helped, maybe telling Pippi how much you loved him over and over again helped. when Flash died I tried to wake him up using other bunnies, I tried to keep his cooling body warm with mine to make sure he didn't die. Grief, loss and desperationmakes us do things we wouldn't necessarily normally do, but that doesn't make it stupid or foolish, nor the person a fool, it makes us human, nothing wrong with that at all.

It's good you got Pippi cremated, and also that the nurse spoke to you. I'm glad you found it helpful.

Keep writing as much or as little as you want. Maybe having it all written out might help.

x

You are NOT a hopeless fool....you love Pippi, and that's all that needs to be said for anyone here to understand....you are grieving, and each of us grieves in our own way. Please take care, and know how often we think of you and your brave, sweet Pippi. Sharing how you feel with those who care about you and Pippi is the best way for you to begin the long healing process. I know that healing sounds so impossible, but when my dad died, someone told me that healing doesn't mean forgetting the love and the bond that you have. It means that the pain may someday lessen, and the wonderful memories will be this first thing that you think of. :pray:...Grace

Well weeks ago i had planned to get Pippi a post mortem done....i needed to know exactly what went on inside of Pippi's body....i did speak with the Dr about it and she thought that it would be a good idea.

When Pippi died i forgot all about it until i recieved a pm from Pla725 and she said that she got Simon done....and that's when i remembered that i wanted it done for Pippi........so i quickly rang the vet to see if Pippi has been picked up yet,the nurse said no he's still in the freezer :(,the RSPCA will come by sometime and pick him up,i asked her if it's to late to get a post mortem done....she said since his body is already frozen,they wouldn't get a proper diagnoses....they would have to let his body thaw out first...she said they might get some results depending on what his problems were....she was also saying that if i wanted it done,then it should have been done while his bodywas still fresh,and since the vets weren't open that day...they would have just put him on some ice instead of freezing him fully.

I got of the phone quite dissapointed,as i really really wanted it done,i'm sure if would have been very good info for the Dr as well.

UGH!....i'm such an idiot

Latest posts

Back