RIP: Pippi is having a few problems

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou Bracon :hug:

I just had a visitor about half hour ago.....i was sitting on the lounge watching a bit of tv when i seen The Animal Welfare League vanpull up into my driveway....they were bringing Pippi's ashesto me personally...i was supposed to pick his urn up at the vet,but i got a total surprise....i jumped up of that lounge so quick

I am so happy that he is finally back home now

Cheryl

Leanne,i cannot express how i was feeling.....i was feeling lost without Pippi being around,even in death it just didn't feel right that he wasn't here....but it feels different now that he's back....well his ashes anyway....i know i'm sounding weird...but i think you all can understand what i mean.

Silly me,when the guy came to my door with Pippi's urn in a little carry bag....i cried...the tears just fell when i took that carry bag from him and isaw Pippi's little blue urn....my baby boy.The guy was very nice and of course he understood how i was feeling.

Missing you Pippi

Cheryl

I know how you feel about Pippi's ashes. I have the ashes of my two departed bunnies along with a picture of them in a little "shrine" I set up in my entertainment center. It's very comforting to have them there with me.

I am so pleased for you that Pippi has finally come home.

Like slavetoabunny, I have Fudge's and Perry's ashes here with me, and it is a comfort knowing they are 'here'. And yes, we do know how you feel - you're not wierd at all :)

Jan

Im so glad to hear youre doing ok and that you have Pippi's remains home safe with you now.

How are the other bunnies doing?

Ive been thinking of you and your bunny family. Ihope and praythat this new year will be better for you and yours.

*hugs*

Haley

Thankyou for understanding guys.....i know..just to have him back home feels right,for that whole week i felt awful.When i had rang the Animal Welfare to see when he would be returning to me,because it was a week,and the lady said that a few years ago it used to take up to 6 weeks for people to get their pets ashes back.

Haley,the bunnies are all doing good,but i am terrified that one of my other bunnies will get EC,since Pippi had been around everybunny,and i didn't know he had EC then,i pray so hard that my bunnies will be ok and that i never have to face EC again

Thankyou guys :)

I just wanted to post a few pictures of Pippi....look how healthy he looks!

See the blue paint on the cement....my boy Jeremy :rollseyes

000_0493.jpg

Pippi with two of his daughters Baby(rip) and Charlie....this picture was taken back in March 05

When i bought Pippi from the pet shop i was told he was a girl,so i just asumed he was...umm he got two of my girls pregnant....Daisy and Marshmallow....they both had 3 babies each but one of Daisy's babies died at a week old :(....i freaked out so much because i had never ever seen a baby bunny in my life and it was all unexpected....Pippi the little bugger was whisked of to the vet the next day to be desexed,i did not want anymore babies....needless to say i kept the 5 babies :)

I had bought Jack at the same time,and i had him desexed as soon as he was old enough,and if i had known he was a boy i would have gotten him done the same time as Jack

000_0187-1.jpg

Pippi watching his silly little girls.....he looks quite annoyed at those two

000_0184-1.jpg

And another

000_0183-1.jpg

And i just had to post this one again....Strawberry loved her Pippi so much...she was always smothering him with kisses....she has her boy back now

000_0607.jpg

Missing my Pippi

Cheryl

I know you do Crystal....i know you still miss your little Angel girl

And yes it sure does suck badly

Thanks Crystal :hug:

Aww, those pictures are so sweet.

What a wonderful boy. I'm glad you have his ashes, at least it gives a bit of closure and comfort having him close by.

I hope you don't face EC again either, but I know in my heart you and your bunniesare going to be just fine. I can't even imagine how scary it is having gone through it and worry about your little ones, but they are going to be fine :).

Nose rubs to everyone and hugs to you!

Cheryl,

I feel the exact same way you do about bunnies. I can relate to them i nthat sense as well which is why I bond with them so much. I wish I could take your pain away. i can't but I'll give you plenty of hugs instead :hug::rose:

Oh Cheryl...I understand the pain you are going through. I still can't believe Pippi is gone myself...:tears2:

At least you have his ashes back, so he is still with you in some way. I know it comforted me greatly when Ruby's body was brought home, like she was till here in body at least (although not in spirit).:(

I can only imagine how scary this time must be for you waiting to see if your other babies are ok. Sending many prayers that this is the end of it and your babies stay healthy and well.:pray:

Sending a million hugs to you Cheryl:pink iris:

Thankyou Leanne and MsBinky :hug:

You know,i'm thankful that i can share things about my bunnies here with all you guys...it's just nice to have people whounderstand how i feel....i don't think my family fully understand....they know i'm crazy for my bunnies....but i know they still think it's "just a bunny"

Sharing everything here about Pippi has helped...from the time i very first posted about him and his health problems...at least i wasn't bottling it all up....i could get all my feelings out in the open.

When i very first lost my very first bunny Lollipop back in March 04,i grieved very badly for her,i couldn't get over her death and i never told anyone how sad i was,and i didn't know what was wrong with me,why i couldn't get over her death....it's because i didn't talk about it...i suffered all alone,i felt sad all the time,she was my first pet at the age of 30.....some people can handle it....but i cannot....oh and i wasn't a member of any forum back then either

So this is why i'm thankful for this forum,at least i can share things...and it just helps to get all my feelings out

Thanks everyone :)

Cheryl

Thanks heaps Jess :hug:....i know i felt very sad when yourRuby died...you know that i have loved your bunnies for a long time now....and i find it amazing how one can adore someone's bunnies that they have never met.....but it's the stories and pictures that makes it real...yourRuby was a very special girl...i loved her the moment i laid eyes on her :)

I love everyone's bunnies here...they are such special and wonderful little creatures....we are all lucky that we all share something special with each other...our love for our bunnies

Thanks again Jess

Cheryl

This is such a beautiful picture of your angel bunnies. At least you know they are together again.

000_0607.jpg

I also wanted to mention, in case it would make you feel better, that most bunnies come into contact withec sometime in their lives (which is why most test positive for it). It only causes a problem in a select few who have weakened immune systems or another infection which allows theec to take over. So its possible that all your bunnies he came into contact with would test positive forec but would most likely never show symptoms.

Haley wrote:
I also wanted to mention, in case it would make you feel better, that most bunnies come into contact withec sometime in their lives (which is why most test positive for it). It only causes a problem in a select few who have weakened immune systems or another infection which allows theec to take over. So its possible that all your bunnies he came into contact with would test positive forec but would most likely never show symptoms.

Yeah it does make me feel much better,but now i will just be praying that none of the bunnies will get sick or anything,i would hate for their immune system to become compromised in any way...but i do know that i may never face it again...i just couldn't stand to watch another beloved bunny go through that.

Also i had been thinking about Bunnicula's Gingivere.....my Lulu went blind and i had taken her to the vet to seek help,the Dr gave her a diabetes test but it came back negative,he couldn't tell me anything else,he said that there could be many causes for her blindness.....i'm starting to think what if she didhave EC as well....but she had no other symptoms like Pippi did....the only thing with Lulu was that she was blind,but then i have read that bunnies can be carriers of EC but don't show all the same symptoms like another bunny....this has just got me wondering now,and since she died of having seizures,i will never know for sure.....it will always be in the back of my mind now.

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl,

I was away when Pippi went to the Bridge....somehow I had a feeling that I might be.
I went to the mountains for the Xmas week. The weather was lousy...what else to expect in the mountains during winter!
I only had one day that was nice....and the sunset was absolutely gorgeous!
It was Xmas day!

It was Pippi's "See ya later!":

IMG_2088.jpg

Thankyou Offspring :)

Ohh my gosh Jim...that is so so pretty....Yeah Pippi's goodbye :sad:

My beautiful boy.....thankyou Jim..that means so much to me...more than you will ever know

I'm going to post a very beautiful tribute to Pippi in the Rainbow Thread soon,i'm still doing his slideshow,and i have a lot to post in there about my Pippi

Cheryl

Latest posts

Back