(RIP) Pasteurella?? (molar spurs)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Geez I am so sorry to hear this :(

At this point I would guess that there is not much that you can do other than what you are doing.

If you had an emergency vet I am sure that you would have taken him

if you had access to a vet theywould want to give him sub q fluids but it sounds to me (sadly) as if he is leaving you.
Hugs
Maureen

Hi Maureen

Thanks for the response! MILU is still alive, I put my ear on his chest and there's some weird noise inside him, so he's still alive! I checked the web for "stroke first aid" and I put MILU laying down on his left side and with his head and shoulders a little lifted, hopefully it will help, although I got no idea what caused him the seizure.
Do you think there's any chance he'd feel better and recover some time? I read that some rabbits have seizures and then recover. I was thinking of maybe putting him to sleep but I don't want to give up if there's a chance he'll be ok.
He's such a trooper, he doesn't give up ever!!!! He's paralyzed and almost no heartbeat or breathing, but he's still "there" and still fighting! I don't want to give up if there's a chance he can recover. If there's nothing else to do, though..... well... then I'll take the facts. I just don't know if I should "minimize" his pain or not... I don't want to give up if he doesn't want to. Tough decision!

I called a vet and he told me to put a mirror in front of his nose. There was no steam in the mirror. He told me to feel his heartbeat. I could feel no heartbeat, although I could feel "something" moving, I guess. He told me to scratch his cornea with my nail (ugh, that was tough!) - no response. He doesn't blink at all, he doesn't move his nostrils, chest or anything at all. According to the vet, I've been petting a dead bunny.
:in tears: :rip:
I refuse to believe that, after so many times for 1 year in which my bunn had reasons enough to have passed, he made it, and now he suddenly died without no reason at all!!!
:nerves1 :bawl:
:cry4:
At least, if he "passed", he did it in MY hands, not at any unscrupulous "vet" here, or alone. He "passed" knowing that he was loved until his last breath, and he fought to stay but I realized it was too hard for him and I told him he could go where he had to, and do what he had to. I guess he did it.
One thing still puzzles me: his eyes don't look like "dead". My other bunny had his eyes "fading" when he died. MILU's eyes are still like alive, they didn't fade at all. I'm hopeful that he'll get up and recover. I read that sometimes bunnies have seizures and some sort of coma and then they wake up. I hope that's the case.

He was really gone...
But I still want to thank Rabbits Online and each one of you, your help was definitely crucial for giving my bunny 1 extra year of life, fighting many adversities. He was a happy bunny and we owe a lot to you!

Do you think he can forgive me for not having been good enough for him? That's probably why he left me...

If he's a bunny angel maybe he can... :)

you're so nice Maureen, thanks!!! MILU loves you too!

hotmaildeal wrote:
Do you think he can forgive me for not having been good enough for him? That's probably why he left me...

If he's a bunny angel maybe he can... :)

What!!!! :shock:

You were wonderful tohim !!!
Any bunny would be so lucky to have you

Oh, Vivian, I'm so sorry :( Milu was a wonderful bunny. To remark on the eye thing, after Cinnabun died, his eyes looked lifeless. Tallulah's eyes still looked alive after she died. Skyler's eyes looked lifeless from when I found him near death and when he died an hour or so later. It's strange how it goes :(

Oh no! So very sorry. :sad:

But MILU was almost a miracle bunny under your care, he bounced back so many times. :(

He probably was just waiting for you to come home to say goodbye.

sas :tears2:

Thank you everybody!! Your words give me strength and make me stronger. There's no way I can thank you all for the priceless support you gave me so many times! I owe a lot to you! MILU stayed with me for almost 1 more year due to your help, and, even now, I'm sure he knows how you've all been thinking of him. Thank you so much!!!!!

@ Shiloh - Thanks for letting me know about how your bunnies eyes looked like. At least I can make sure that he was really gone since the moment he got "paralyzed"...

I am so sorry Vivian. Milu was such a good bunny and you were a great bunny mom. He was lucky to have you as his mom.

Latest posts

Back