RIP my dear Pudding

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Our beloved Pudding passed away this morning...we were so ready for her spay surgery and were prepared to take care of her for the next few weeks. She had some kales and veggies before she left the house....I petted her in the car before she went in.....2 hrs later I got a call.....she passed during anesthesia....and stopped breathing.. my poor little baby......

You were so loving and caring. You were the only bunny that responded to our calls. You were so smart and knew that your name was Pudding. You loved our pets and would just sit on our lap for a very long time.You always followed us around for treats and food.Your silly voice when you wanted our attention was so funny and cute.You were the most special bunny we ever had. I’ll always rmb your cute flop, happy binky, wet nose, and pokes.

I’m so sorry that I didn’t play with you that much yesterday. I honestly thought we have more time together... hope you still remember the happy times we spent together for the past 8 months. Rest In Peace my dear Pudding. We will miss you lots and lots. Hope you are forever happy in bunny land along with Toothless. We love you. Take good care...

Attachments

• 6B21BEC6-A144-4B12-97FF-C79F11622C3A.jpeg
    6B21BEC6-A144-4B12-97FF-C79F11622C3A.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 12
  • FD9593C7-1906-4DAD-8A44-4424568BAB45.jpeg
    FD9593C7-1906-4DAD-8A44-4424568BAB45.jpeg
    122.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 0C6D6DDF-B0FC-4686-BE02-9C41E8C7D0FA.jpeg
    0C6D6DDF-B0FC-4686-BE02-9C41E8C7D0FA.jpeg
    113.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 80F045BF-76F3-4B90-8F13-AFC6C30762E7.jpeg
    80F045BF-76F3-4B90-8F13-AFC6C30762E7.jpeg
    133.6 KB · Views: 12
I'm sorry for your loss. May she have a good time over the rainbow bridge.

I'm so so sorry. May she rest in peace.

Our beloved Pudding passed away this morning...we were so ready for her spay surgery and were prepared to take care of her for the next few weeks. She had some kales and veggies before she left the house....I petted her in the car before she went in.....2 hrs later I got a call.....she passed during anesthesia....and stopped breathing.. my poor little baby......

You were so loving and caring. You were the only bunny that responded to our calls. You were so smart and knew that your name was Pudding. You loved our pets and would just sit on our lap for a very long time.You always followed us around for treats and food.Your silly voice when you wanted our attention was so funny and cute.You were the most special bunny we ever had. I’ll always rmb your cute flop, happy binky, wet nose, and pokes.

I’m so sorry that I didn’t play with you that much yesterday. I honestly thought we have more time together... hope you still remember the happy times we spent together for the past 8 months. Rest In Peace my dear Pudding. We will miss you lots and lots. Hope you are forever happy in bunny land along with Toothless. We love you. Take good care...
I am so so sorry for your loss. Poor pudding. It breaks my heart. She sounded like a really lovely pet and companion.

Oh no. This is one of hugest fears about getting rabbits fixed is the anesthesia.
They are so fragile.
When we got Toko fixed last year I was terrified.
So so sorry for your loss.

Oh no. This is one of hugest fears about getting rabbits fixed is the anesthesia.
They are so fragile.
When we got Toko fixed last year I was terrified.
So so sorry for your loss.
My bunny just turned 8 months and I’ve put off his surgery once. I’m so afraid to do it because I don’t want to lose him for a somewhat ‘elective surgery’. BUT, I do realize in the long run it’s best. Ughhhhh!

Attachments

• 0AC82E05-4962-4F82-80B0-422C3F3B3EEF.jpeg
    0AC82E05-4962-4F82-80B0-422C3F3B3EEF.jpeg
    87.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 404D2B53-7770-49FE-8F83-DFBFF7CFEB0A.jpeg
    404D2B53-7770-49FE-8F83-DFBFF7CFEB0A.jpeg
    137.7 KB · Views: 2
My bunny just turned 8 months and I’ve put off his surgery once. I’m so afraid to do it because I don’t want to lose him for a somewhat ‘elective surgery’. BUT, I do realize in the long run it’s best. Ughhhhh!

She's beautiful. My sincerest condolences. Wishing you peace.

I foster rabbits and have had around a dozen fosters. I have had one die during surgery while being spayed. The foster place told me it does happen due to rabbits being so sensitive. It was devastating none the less. I am so sorry for your loss :(

Had your rabbit-savvy DVM done CBC/BMP prior to surgery?

My heart goes out to you. We've received a few calls like that; mammary gland surgery for the 3rd time, a boy who had 1/4th normal lung function discovered on necropsy, a DVM I will never ever trust again when he attempted a cryptorcid surgery, ... Heartbreaking. Our DVM listens via stethescope to check heart rate and respiratory. Now our clinic does an xray as the DVMs had lost 2 guinea pigs in surgery. They are rabbit-savvy and routinely do successful sp/euters. My only consolation when the calls come in is to remember our beloved companions suffered no pain when their heart stops under anesthesia.

I truly understand your emotional pain and sorrow. Pudding was absolutely gorgeous.

It helped me to talk with the client manager to find out what may have been "missed" prior to our rescue boy having cardiac arrest at the end of his neuter. A good reason to treasure each and every single day and dole out plenty of love. Not all bunnies feel the amount of love humans can/could provide.

hugs,

I'm heartbroken myself to hear of your loss, @Pudding and Nimbus. What a beautiful, sweet bunny.

Years ago I had my previous bunny neutered successfully, but I'd be very hesitant to spay my female bunny now. Can someone explain the advantages to spaying a female who doesn't have a male companion -- or point me to a good resource on the topic?

Sending you hugs and healing thoughts, @Pudding and Nimbus.

Latest posts

Back