RIP Lily. You will be missed!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt71tx

Reaction score
After 8 years of great time together she suddenly passed away last night. We had a strong bond together and I did everything I could to give her a happy and great quality of life. I have no other bunnies now and I feel that sometime in the not too distant future I would have difficulties due to age attending to a new pet so as much as it pains me I will not be getting another bunny as it would not be fair to it for me to do so. I was with Lily during her last moments and she seemed happy that I was with her to the end.

This is so touching to read. I am sorry for your loss and hopefully the sweet memories of her stay with you

So sorry for your loss--we have 2 with us now but will have no more for the same reasons as I don't want to leave anyone behind and my time is also running down.

The thought of me passing and not being there to take care of my bunny was definitely a fear I had but I was reasonably confident that I would be there for her. As much as I would love to have another bunny companion, the odds are somewhat high of me not being able or possibly even being there to care for it for its entire life so I refuse to allow that situation to develop.

The thought of me passing and not being there to take care of my bunny was definitely a fear I had but I was reasonably confident that I would be there for her. As much as I would love to have another bunny companion, the odds are somewhat high of me not being able or possibly even being there to care for it for its entire life so I refuse to allow that situation to develop.
I'm sorry for your loss.
In some circumstances, it might be possible to adopt an elderly rabbit, though i don't know if it would be something worth considering. Only you would know if you could take care of a living being for some while longer or not.
(If i were old and thought of getting an elderly rescue so that they wouldn't outlive me, i doubt i could commit to a single year or two with the bun because i attach myself to the lovely buns too much, i'd have to consider if the companionship would be greater than the loss in the end)

Latest posts

Back