(RIP) Head Tilt Tilly

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to sedate to do x-rays....Ketamine might be just enough.

Check the humidity in your house....most houses are quite dry in winter. If so, add some humidity. I prefer cool mist especially if there is a possibility of a lung infectiion. Steam humdifiers can be a breeding ground for bacteria that is spread by the steam....so if you use steam, change the water and clean the resorvoir every day.

I have NO idea how to check the humidity. We don't have anything at all that would do that. What I can do is run a bath and sit with her in the steamy room, and then empty and start again.

Thanks Randy.

Can I ask, how often should I steam her? and for how long roughly each time?

We just did 20 mins, and I think she just loved the attention to be honest, although she was good and lively, and the Tilly that I normally know. she also seemed to enjoy the steam too. Certainly helped my sinus's :p

If a human or an animal has congestive heart failure the heart will appear enlarged upon. x-ray.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/congestive-heart-failure/diagnosis.html
this article pertains to people and many of these tests are not available for animals.

First of all Tracy we are only guessingat what this could be .

it may be nothing.......hopefully
and then it could be a lung abscess or a thyoma and all of these would show up on xray
Some meds could be administered to help drain the fluids from the heart in congestive heart failure

Ido not think that misting Chloramphenical is a possiblity as it is too dangerous to humans airborne

I give chloramhenical eye ointment to Beau everyday. it is noproblem at all. ...some times I wear plastic gloves but other times I just wash my hands well after use.

Ihave no issues with this drug.... if you take the proper precautions it is safe.

i would still watch Tilly for awhile just to make sure that the symptoms remain constant or change

Unfortunately, we've had mouth breathing tonight. It's gone now, but as we all know its not a good sign.

Her whole body is rippling with each breath, her sides, at the top of her spine, under her dewlap.

My Tilly is not long for this world. I'll get her to a vet tomorrow if I can. I'll do my best for her.

We've now done two steaming sessions, and it does seem to offer some comfort for her.

Whatever this is, it is serious for her.

I'm sorry things aren't going well. I'm glad she benefits from the steaming. Best wishes that she feels better and can see a vet soon. Give her a nose pat from me.

:hug:

We have a vets appointment in two hours. To make sure I get there I will have to leave shortly, for a 20 minute journey. Curse this stupid snow.

I'm so sorry. She had the best life with you, and that's what matters. Rest peacefully, Tilly, and binky free!

:bigtears:I'm so sorry that she's gone, Tracy! Thanks to you, she knew what it meant to be loved and cared for in the best possible way.:pink iris:

Binky-free and healthy, Tilly!:rainbow:

Latest posts

Back