(RIP) Head injury?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

geturownmunkie

Reaction score
OK, my rabbit is in a cage in which the sides abd back are made of wood.
She always jumps at the wood and hits her dead.

She did it just now very hard. Now she's slow to move and just stands in one place, which she never does.

Does anyone think that she may be injured?

No, she keeps doing it.

I don't have anywhere to move her, and I need sleep, so I can't watch her.

She sits and shakes a little. And when I feel the top of her head, I feel her jaws moving, as if she were eating.

this is painful to read ,let alone what the buns going through,.get a heavy guage fence,one that folds out with a door (pet stores sell them)-this rabbit is going to be dead by morning,,let him run free,,anything but allow intentional damaging to his head,neck,teeth,etc.,this thread is very disturbing,please,help,..james waller

Did you get her to the vet?? Sounds like the poor bun is in pain.

I looked at your profile and did you tell your parents? You are under 18, right? Can they take her to vet?

Yeah, that is strange. She needs a different cage and a vet visit. She may be in a lot of pain from something, and her ramming her head into the cage is her way of trying to tell you. Rabbits are good at hiding pain, so you may not have any other indication that she's in pain than this.

Well, we have an appointment soon.

My father built a hutch like cage for her with very soft wire mesh that will not hurt her if she hits them. The holes are large enough so she can see out, but no where near large enough to get her head through.

I think that she was running and jumping because only the front and top of the last cage were see-out, so she got bored and wanted out really bad.

All previously stated symptoms have disappeared, and is back to normal, but nonetheless, we will have her checked out.

I'm glad your bunny is ok. I'm glad your dad is fixing/building a cage for her that is gonna be better. :)

She is so cute. The pic in the avatar. :biggrin2: .....April

Yes, she is quite cute.

She has no long-term damage, just some minor head aches.

She loves the new cage.
I hope she learned not to bash her head into solid objects.

I'm glad that she's doing ok, and that she isn't in a place where she could hurt herself. It's great that your dad was able to build her something new. Hope she continues to improve!

That's good to hear. She might like a toy or something too, to keep her entertained. Something as simple as a paper towel tube can be hours of entertainment!

Ok, she's going through it again, but now there are some REAL SERIOUS issues.

Don't read this unless you think you could stomach it.
Watching it made me cry and very nearly vomit.

Her cage is roughly 3 1/2 - 4 feet tall.
She's a midget rabbit, so it's plenty of room for her.

She was running around, thrashing, and what almost looked like having a seizure. She jumped to the roof of the cage and was freaking out.

After she calmed down, I opened the door to let her out.
She then started again, except she flopped out onto the ground.

She then was doing something that I can best describe as flipping.
She would stand up and would flop over onto her back and head.
She also was contorted and her head was twisted around farther than should have been possible.

She would not allow me to touch her on the head or neck, and after a few minutes she was fine and is now running around my living room like 'normal'.

I tired to give her some carrot as a treat, and she will not eat it, which is very abnormal for her because she NEVER refuses food.

I am seriously worried and I have been upset all morning.
Our vet usually needs advance notice for rabbits, and I'm freaking out that she may pass, or get very sick, and I wouldn't be able to get her help.

This is pretty serious.

Sounds like she may be having seizures. You need to get her to vet ASAP! That is my opinion. I hope she will be ok :pray:

Can you get her too the vet? call your vet tell them it's an emergency or just show up?

The rabbit needs to see a vet orshe could pass.She may be in pain now, if she's not eating.

Can you not take her cause of financial reasons? or do you need to find a vet?

Latest posts

Back