RIP Griffith

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rayen

Reaction score
I feel so dumb for even having to post this. It's completely my fault, which is probably why it bothers me so much. I've been dealing with a mess in my room the last little while and had moved all of the animals out while I was still ripping up carpet and moving things around. So some animals got stashed in not-very-convenient locations, like poor Griffith, my dwarf hamster, who was staying in the bathroom for the time being. The only problem is, the cat eats in said bathroom.

I've had this cat since I was 11, the reason she's my cat is because when I was 11 and going through the hamster phase the first time, she was the only one that didn't bug any of my small animals. She slept by my head and left them alone. So I left her alone while she was eating in there, planning to let her out in a few minutes like always. Apparently that few minutes was just too long. I went in to find his storage-bin-converted-into-a-cage flipped upside down, the locked lid apparently not doing it's job, with all of the bedding everywhere and a little hamster body lying lifeless on the floor.

I can't blame my cat though, I know I can't, as much as I want to. It's in a cat's nature to chase and capture prey and I left Griffith in a spot that was easily accessible. It just makes me mad, she was in there for so many other feedings without issue. Maybe it was because it was later than usual and he was awake that one time? I don't know. I'll never know what made this series of events take place, I just know that he's gone.

I'm sorry little guy, I really am. I thought I had at least another year to even worry about losing you, but it looks like I was a little too careless and let you down.

101_0139.jpg

101_0079.jpg

101_0091.jpg

): I have an old tomcat whose a hunter. When our hammies got loose he for some reason never bothered them, and I was so glad for that.

It's hard to trust any predoter animal with small animals...yet we all do. I'm sorry for what happened to poor Griffith...he was such a pretty dwarf.

I'm so sorry you lost Griffith. He was adorable, and I know how wonderful dwarf hammies can be as pets. They are so incredibly fragile, though, so the cat may not have been acting maliciously toward him: perhaps she just knocked the cage over by jumping up there to see what was going on. I know in his life that Griffith had the best of everything, and hamsters seem to live like they haven't a care in the world--life is all seed stashes and naps in snuggly bedding to them. Run free, Griffith.

Latest posts

Back