(RIP) Different Behaviour?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FascinaRabbits

Reaction score
I got my rabbit (Wilma) from the shelter in June, the card said she was aproximately 3 years old, she's a lionhead mix and she had a litter of 7 in June, but anyways. she's enver been my nicest rabbit, when ever I'd go to give her food she'd jump at me, or try and bite me, I've always tried bonding wiht her but she's a b*itch lol, doesn't stop em from loving her any less, but today I went to give her food and she didn't do anything to me, thinking this was abnormal I moved her with ym hand and she didn't do anything at all, just went where I put her, so I picked her up and normaly when I'd pick her up she'd struggle, yet again nothing, I had her on my lap and I pet her straight for about 15 minutes, she seemed like she liked me petting her, before I couldn't even stick my hand in her cage to get the food dish without her jumping at me, today she didn't move, so when I put her back in her cage she didn't seem to move much, she walked around a bit but didn't move as fast, so I put ehr in corner where she sleeps and left my shed where I keep them. She was warm and has an abundance of hay, no signs of sickness, she didn't grind her teeth or anything. I'm so confused right now. Please help

This is her
103_4850.jpg

Behavior changes so suddenly and drastic are usually an indicator that something is not right or the bunny isn't feeling well. She sounds lethargic by your description compared to her normal personality. There is some really important information needed to help us help you. It would be wonderful if you could fill in the form below and post your answers here.

http://rabbitsonline.net/view_topic.php?id=44529&forum_id=16

:pray:

MMEDIATE INFORMATION:

Location- Ontario Caanada

Description (Breed, color, weight ) lionhead mix, greyish, about 6-7 pounds

Age 3-5ish?

Sex female

Concise Summary of the Rabbit's Condition:

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION / CHECK LIST: (Please fill in relevant info).

Fecal and Urinary Output

- are the bunny's poops and pees normal? yes
- when did they last use their litterbox? half hour ago
- any unusual behavior? straining to pee? unusual litter habits? jsut ebeing ncie to me?
- what litter and/or bedding do you use? straw hay

Medical History

- spayed/neutered? no
- has s/he been to the vet or been sick before? i wouldnt know about the vet, but she's never been sick before
- is s/he on any medications?no

Diet

- what specifically does your bunny eat? Proper food for pets
- when and what did s/he eat last? when I gave her food
- any changes in the way s/he eats? (ie: not eating a particular food, odd chewing motions, etc) nope

Other

- movement - any unusual movements? Is s/he hopping normally? lethargic
- is the rabbit molting? shedding liek susual
- any weight loss? no
- any sign of drooling? wet face? no
- runny eyes? very very minor
- wet nose? coughing? sneezing? no
- is s/he breathing normally yes

Additional

- any plants, chocolate or other substances within reach? no
- has the rabbit been outdoors? no
- any other pets? if so, have they been ill? no

I agree that a behavior change like this indicates that something is amiss whether it is showing up right now or not.
If sheis straining to pee she whould get to the vet ASAP
if she continues like this should go to the vet anyway

Could she have been frightened by something ? :?
Are you absolutely sure that she could not have eaten something different like a plant etc?

Latest posts

Back