RIP Beloved Tiny aka "The BunFather"

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may not have posted yesterday - but you were on my heart and mind all day Tiny. It is hard to believe it has been two years since you have passed away. I miss you so much. I still think of you often and have found myself waking up in tears after dreaming of you visiting me and then leaving.

I am a far different person than I was when you left. I'm stronger now - more sure of myself. I can fight depression on my own (although I don't always win without the help of friends). I'm generally happier too.

I try to take life as "new" every day - I am trying to learn to not waste it - so that when someone else passes away - I have regrets. Losing you taught me a lot about how short life can be - and how precious it is.

It hit me the other day how many of you are up there - all of my "first" rabbits pretty much. You...GingerSpice...Miss Bea...SugarBear...Puck...even Roary and Tio. I wonder - do you still have to break up disputes between Puck & GingerSpice? Are you still "The BunFather" up there too?

Life is good here. As I'm sure you know if you can look down on us - our love for you also gave us a love of flemish giants....to the point that we're now breeding them. The rabbitry is named "Tiny's Texas Legends" and it is one way your name and your legacy will always live on.

Well - its time to end this - for now - and continue to move forward. Happy second anniversary of your "Graduation" day - for I do believe that all bunnies go to heaven - or someplace God has created - even if we call it "The Rainbow Bridge".

I'll always love you & miss you & carry you in my heart - even if you stole part of it and took it with you.

Mom

First of all - three years ago tonight - my handsome black "BunFather" crossed over the Rainbow Bridge. Its been a very hard couple of days - yesterday I couldn't help but remember our frantic drive to San Antonio to find a vet who could save his life. I spent most of the day in bed - daydreaming about him (it doesn't help that it was REALLY COLD outside and our heat hadn't been turned on yet). Fortunately - those daydreams (and dreams I had during the night) - gave me more stories to put here....I now have the rest of Miss Bea's story, Sophia's crossing-over story, and a love story between Schioppi (who CHOSE to cross over early to be with his soulmate) and another forum bunny who crossed a long time ago. I hope to get those stories written in the next few days.

I woke up in tears missing Tiny - but then - I made myself take the time to love on Zeus.

It amazes me how different these two are - and yet how I love them both so much.

Tiny loved all rabbits - Zeus hates all rabbits.

Tiny didn't mind sharing me- he knew he was loved - Zeus refuses to share me and gets angry if he smells another rabbit on my clothes.

Tiny gave me kisses - Zeus grooms my bed but won't kiss me when I pet him.

I miss Tiny today - and he will always be a part of me - and a part of the forum members who "knew" him when he was alive.

Binky free my big boy.....today I bought some carrots for the bunnies and they're all going to have a carrot tonight in celebration of your life here with us.

Mama loves you....and always will.

I, personally, will never forget Tiny - he will always be the 'Bunfather' to me.

You made his personality so vivid, I'm sure we all thought that we 'knew' him. It may have been 3 years, but it seems like no time at all.

Thinking of you, Peg, and hoping Tiny is behaving himself at The Bridge!

Jan

I missed this, Peg.

I not only knew Tiny....but I believe that I was honored with visits from him after he crossed.

I'm sure he met my S'more at the Bridge, and I find great comfort in that.
After all....that's what he does better than any other bun!

I haven't "seen" him lately, but I'm sure he'll be there in my times of need.

When you're in that world between dream and waking....and you think or feel that he's visited you....rest assured that he has.

We'll be keeping you and Tiny in our thoughts and prayers.

Oh Buddy - it's been four years today since you left us. I comfort myself in thinking that heaven has an angel bunny like you - even though in my selfishness I still want to keep you to myself.

I haven't been able to bring myself to write the rest of your stories from my dreams - I guess I will make that my goal for this year. I still remember them quite vividly and know that you wanted me to remember them.

I was thinking about you last week and laughing about a story that very few people know. When you were still with us, another forum member had sent me a package and in it - was some cranberry scented shower gel. I remember taking a shower in it and coming out - only to have you attack me. I couldn't figure out why you were so ornery and trying to nip at me because that was unusual. That happened very time I used the gel for two or three times and then it dawned on me - you thought I was a craisin or had craisins and wasn't sharing them. I had to stop using that shower gel and I think I actually tossed it a week or so before you passed away cause I thought I'd never be able to use it.

I was reminded of that story because I was wearing some banana chocolate lip balm and woke up to find Zeus trying to lip my lips and then nip at them. Yes - that's how good the banana and chocolate smelled. I could almost picture you doing something like that - you big brat.

I keep thinking about the differences between you and Zeus and between who I was when you joined us and who I am now.

I needed you - desperately. I needed to be loved by someone who would understand my depression and my loneliness and my anger at life. I needed someone who wouldn't criticize me or condemn me.

You did all that - even the time I got mad at you and shook you and wound up having Carolyn call to warn me how bad that was for you and how I could've caused you to go into stasis or have worse problems. (You had attacked another bunny - but looking back on it - you were only defending yourself against being mounted by a buck that got loose).

You forgave me for that and came to me and let me cry into your fur as I begged your forgiveness and you were never scared of me - even after that.

You loved other bunnies as long as they were babies or does and you didn't mind sharing me with them. You especially loved Miss Bea and GingerSpice - and of course - me.

When you died - I wanted to crawl in the hole with your body. I didn't know if I could love again (other than Art & the kids).

Then you sent me Zeus and I'm thoroughly convinced that somehow YOU were behind that.

He is so unlike you - it is funny. He's selfish and wants to be around NO OTHER rabbit. He wants me and only me and sometimes is jealous of dad.

I couldn't have had two bunnies that were more different - including the fact that you're black and he's white.

I realized this year that Zeus has shown me just how special and unique and original you were.

I have two bucks now that remind me of you sometimes. "Tiny Tim" is a black flemish giant buck from Nyx. He has your old soul and loves to have me rub his shoulders - much like you did. He has the sweetest personality and yet is a silly guy when he gets playtime on the floor.

His brother, Smithy, is a steel buck from Nyx. He loves to flirt and he is such a big flirt. He reminds me of you when you were younger. When he gets his playtime, he will get so happy and involved in binkying - that he binkes right into the back door and goes "THUD".

I once called out and said "Tiny...stop that"....and then started crying. I realized then that I will never forget you.

I love you big boy. You'll always be in my heart. You've been in heaven longer than you've been part of my life...but that's ok. You'll always be in my heart.

Thanks for being here with me for over 2 years - thanks for being "the bunfather".

You're missed a lot - but I've decided to rejoice in the days I had with you rather than mourn the days I won't have with you.

Somehow - I think you'd like that.

Give nose rubs to GingerSpice and Miss Bea and all the other bunnies there. Tell them mama loves them too and knows that they're safe if they're with you.

Will you do me one other thing? Give Sophia an extra special nose rub for me. If you were the bunfather - she was pretty close to being the "bunmother" - at least in my heart.

Loving you from here...

Mom

i cant read this all because the babys crying for breakfast...but tiny and his antics were what made me want a flemish. i am so sorry...he was sucha great rabbit, and one of the ones that give flemish the great name of being more than just a rabbit.

I cried all the way through this.

I can only hope that Tiny is looking after my buns that have journeyed to the Bridge.

I've got this picture in my mind of Tiny sitting on a bench next to Buck....and Buck is rubbing Tiny's shoulders.

:hug1

Jim - whenever I've had dreams of Tiny - he is either with his "harem" of Miss Bea and GignerSpice with Samantha sitting off to the sidelines in her regal pose (until I had a dream of her with Schioppi) - or he's sitting on the bench talking to Buck and whenever he gets stressed or upset - Buck is rubbing his shoulders.

So it's funny that's the way you picture Tiny and Buck.

I had one of Tiny's photos pop up on my screen saver yesterday. Ironically. I didn't even realise it was his anniversary. I ahdn't seen one for ages but it was the one of him and a massive tub of food. I smile when I think of him, but, whilst my head knows it's four years, it doesn't feel like four years since he left.

Thinking of you Peg, and also thinking of Tiny too :)

Wow, 4 years!!!

Tiny was an icon of a bunny. His personality was amazing - I always remember how good he was with the baby bunnies that came along. And how he loved his ladies ;)

He was very special to me, as I see Shadow as a 'mini' version of a Tiny, and I am having lots of problems with him at the moment, so I hope Tiny can keep a watchful eye on him.

I really hope you do continue his stories, Peg. I found them very moving and also very positive and hopeful.

Thinking of you.

Jan

Thanks Jan - he was an icon of a bunny....wasn't he?

Thanks to everyone else for your kind comments. I always hate to come in here and post on the anniversary of his becoming an angel - but I just can't resist.

It is so hard to believe it has been four years. I think of you so often and miss you so much....

In the last year - Zeus and so many others have crossed the bridge to join you....I wish I could see you & Zeus together - especially when you add in Puck and Miss Bea and Nyx and GingerSpice...I bet y'all sure know how to party.

Words fail me right now and my eyes are filled with tears - so I'll close this...for now and maybe write more later.

I miss you baby boy....I always will.

It doesnt seem like it has been so long since you were talking about Tiny's antics...hard to beleive it's been so long

Latest posts

Back