RHVD2 in the US - what you need to know

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

jlbunny

Reaction score
There is a private Facebook group called North American RDHV 2 group. This group tracks the virus in North America , may be worth exploring. From what I understand veterinarians do not have access to the vaccine until the virus is actually in the state . Our state of Wisconsin has no cases yet,however,it is close in South Dakota 🥲
CORRECTION: the Facebook group's name is North Americans RHDV2 Group. The American-made vaccine by Medgene Labs has had its vaccine approved in 43 states and Washington, DC! Here is a link to their website: RHDV2 | Solutions | Medgene Labs

lynne8832

Reaction score
Has anybody had their rabbit(s) vaccinated with the Medgene RHDV vaccine? I am having my 2 lionheads vaccinated with their first dose of Medgene in 6 days and I am really, really worried about the possibility of severe side effects or death.

TreasuredFriend

Reaction score
Many of my acquaintances and friends have had their rabbits vax'd. You can check the House Rabbit, Elder Buns, DisabledBuns, and community groups on Facebook forums. No side effects to cause undue worrying or concerns. Our crew will be receiving their doses shortly.

Our DVM clinic has the Megene vax. Certain clinics in our area are unable to attain the Medgene vaccination.

I'm jumping in here late. lynne8832, How did your two lionheads do with their vaccinations?

Latest posts