Rhun & Speckles 'House'

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhun and Speckle

Reaction score
017-1.jpg

This is Rhun & Speckles home. I have them in a sectioned off part of the kitchen as I can't have them free roaming at the moment.

In it is a mini green house I found at the local hardware store. It is the perfect size for them to lay on the shelves. I have added a wooden ramp to make it easy for them to get up to the higher shelf.

This is Speckle hiding under the ramp ready to pounce on me.
010-1.jpg

And Rhun just lazing about as usual...
009-1.jpg

Is this ok for them? I know it is better than when I found them left behind in a small metal hutch out in the backyard when my room mate moved out. But I want to make sure that I am doing right by them and not letting them get bored or giving them something they shouldn't have.

I have lots more questions so will post them as I go in this thread...

Thanks for helping out a new bunny owner that wants to do the right thing by her babies :D

Nik

That looks great so far :) Have you thought of giving them some toys? In a pinch you can use cardboard rolls (you can even stuff some hay in them), cardboard box, a plain (not treated or varnished) wicker basket, apple branches, etc.
They also like toys for cats or babies: jingly balls, plastic key ring, etc.
Well, some do... Hazel has no interest in plastic, but she likes cardboard and wood :)

lol there is, in the bottom right of pic, a cat jingle ball and over near the salad there is a little one. They seem to play with them. Not much though. Sometimes I will hear a jingle or two from the room.

I am in the process of making them a cardboard house gym to run around and play in. Will find room in there for it tomorrow.

I wish I could find an apple tree to get them a branch or two as they love chewing wood :brownbunny

thanks for your thoughts...

Nik

Is the ramp hooked to that somehow? If a piece of wood would fall on the bunny that could really injure them.

Great looking setup tho!

I ended up taking away the ramp as they have been having more fun just jumping up to the second level.

I went in this morning to say hi and check on them and they have TOTALLY destroyed the place!!!!!!!

There are holes in the Lino floor, their bedding is completely turfed everywhere, the litter box upended and their food is scattered everywhere :faint:

It looks like they were having a huge party in there.

Is that normal?????

Everytime I clean it up and straighten everything they are in there totally destroying it again. They are worse than my 5yr old!!!!!!

But I still love 'em...

Nik

Latest posts

Back