Rexy the rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One year ago, a former pet store manager took in an ill bunny and spent hundreds to make sure he lived. Today, she had to say "see you later" as the artist, with her three bunnies, took him home with her. Unforseen circumstances called for the former manager to downsize what she has and, sadly, to her own dismay, that formerly ill bunny had to be rehomed.

Ladies and gents, bunny parents around! Welcome Rexy the rex to the Chibi family!!! The hutch will be a base of operations until he's bonded with Xiao Wu.

received_836758330702646.jpeg

Well, the drive was stressing, and cold, and I am sore. But it did NOT take Rexy long to start showing off the kind of attitude he has. Loki, Xiao Wu, and Erlong know something happened, something new arrived. What they don't know is that it is this plushy bunny.

Rexy has decided that our friend's clothes are his bed, proceeds to arrange them to be a bed, grooms and eats his poops on said clothes bed, leave pumpkin cookie crumbs on clothes bed, prove to me I need to get him a heavy water dish, and act like he didn't just get taken away from his home. It, also, helps that we brought his hutch with us, so he has something familiar to help ease that transition to his new home. Removed the ramp and the second floor to give him more space to move around. He's liking it a lot better.

1668485401277.png
Arrange clothes and leaving cookie crumbs.

1668485683896.png
Realizing I have a camera open to take pictures.

1668485715460.png
That glare...

He's going to fit right in. That's for sure.

I already know I need to transition him to new pellets that don't contain garbage in it. The only downside to this whole thing is...he's not neutered. We'll know soon enough.

I will say this. Rexy was raised around hound dogs and a Chihuahua, so his unexpected introduction to my mother-in-law's poodle puppy resulted in him accepting her grooming him and the two actually getting along. He was a solo bunny before, and known life in a cage at a pet store before that. So I think he thinks he's a dog. 😂

Adorable! Congrats to the whole family!

Is that a classic rex look? My bunny looks similar - - and is also an enthusiastic clothing rearranger, especially in the winter. 😁(She has to have her own blankie or she would destroy the couch.)

View attachment 62969
Love the personality they have, and ours is the boss of our 2 Maltese dogs 😉AAF9FC8A-6397-401F-B7E6-A6905D105770.jpeg

Latest posts

Back