Rex and Peanut's Photo Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[align=center]Happy Birthday, Peanut

moz-screenshot.jpg
moz-screenshot-1.jpg
2551095628_ec423f3507.jpg

[/align][align=left]My dearest angel bunny -

You would have been eight years old today. It's been almost nine months since you left, but we still miss you so much.

You were and are the incomparable Mighty Pea.

With love from your human family, and nose rubs from Rex.

[/align]

LuvaBun wrote:
How's Rex doing, Emily?
Right now? He's binkying around the room ;) I am so grateful for his sweet and happy spirit. He's still looking like a scruffy homeless bunny; we chose not to pursue any further testing for whatever is causing this, and over the past month he's been no better but no worse either :dunno

Here's an older photo of Rex, pre-balding:

2166718204_dd37010eec.jpg

This is Rex more recently:

2555342145_fcd7d70f44.jpg

2523592399_4301e8fba1.jpg

I'm so sorry m.e., I was just browsing through blogs when I clicked on yours, Peanut was and is absolutley gorgeous and Rex, though he does look a little scruffy is still the prettiest black rex I've ever seen;)

Aww, Bless Rex's little heart - he is still such a handsome boy!

I don't blame you for not carrying on with the treatment - he is obviously well enough in himself, and why stress him out more by doing extra tests, which give no results, and throw good money after bad!

We love you as you are, Rex :)

Jan

Aww Rex....he's still the most handsome little man that i have always loved ever since i first seen his picture a long time ago.....you know...the main thing is that he's happy in himself...i'm sure Peanut watches over her sweet baby boyconstantly :)

Cheryl

Every morning after breakfast, Rex comes out and soaks up the sunlight. Once more it seems that his fur is slowly improving - this is the best it's looked in months:

2579270438_bc3b2d4202.jpg

The fur around his mouth and ears has been losing its pigment with age, so yes, his mouth really is that white:

2581936539_ff71054edf.jpg

I wonder if similar hair loss happens with all rexes as they get older. I'm so sorry about the loss of Peanut. :( Sorry I wasn't here earlier to say so.

Bo, I really wish that I knew :dunno It's so, so strange.

ElfMommy :hug: It's hard to keep up with things here at RO, I know I've missed a lot too. I'm just glad to see you here :)

[align=center]Rex, my old man, my tattered velveteen rabbit:
[/align]
[align=center]
2776939476_1a25090662.jpg

[/align]
And so time went on, and the little Rabbit was very happy–so happy that he never noticed how his beautiful velveteen fur was getting shabbier and shabbier, and his tail becoming unsewn, and all the pink rubbed off his nose where the Boy had kissed him…And into his boot-button eyes, that had long ago lost their polish, there came a look of wisdom and beauty, so that even Nana noticed it next morning when she picked him up, and said, “I declare if that old Bunny hasn’t got quite a knowing expression!”

As you can see in the photo, Rex's fur has (mostly) returned. He is still looking a little raggedy around his ears and neck, but that doesn't seem to bother him. He such a content little bunny.

I also wanted to share pictures of our pet cemetary in the woods. It's a very peaceful place to sit and remember:

[align=center]
2752549957_5895a6d4e8.jpg

[/align]
[align=center](the rabbit is for Peanut, the cat is for Beeper - they died less than a month apart)
[/align]
[align=center]
2749687730_5a8854f044.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]
2753382930_dd6ec6970f.jpg

[/align]
[align=center]
2752547929_c0498747e9.jpg

[/align]

Hello Doll,

Beautiful photos of your peaceful place. Look at your little guy. He does look very "knowing." I'm happy to see that the two of you are still happy to be together and that he is still happy to be soaking up that sunshine every morning.;)

Raspberry

Oh Emily, I find that very touching - both the pet cemetary and the picture of Rex with the Velveteen rabbit quote.

Rex really is a remarkable rabbit, to have coped with the loss of Peanut, then get all his fur problems, and still he fights on. He is such a love!

It must be very comforting just to sit in that chair, and spend time with your Bridge babies :hug:

Jan

Latest posts

Back