Rex and Peanut's Photo Thread

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pipp wrote:
A w w w w w w w ... http://www. :inlove:

Pretty Pea has that Veronica Lake thing going with that ear-style.

320866071_a29b76a1e0.jpg

veronicalake3.jpg
veronicalake.jpg

sas :biggrin:and the gang:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

Oh Good God!! :laugh:

That's just sick and wrong. Too bad Ms. Lake wasn't as beautiful as Peanut.

Give your babies a kiss for me, m.e. Hope the cats are all well too. :)

Pipp wrote:
Anything in particular make the difference, or just time?
It seems to be just a matter of time.Once she got up enough strength and balance to run around, she reallyblossomed. Remember what a big deal it was for her to even leave thesecurity of their pen? She is all over the place now! I'veresumed the "bunny shuffle" around my room 'cause I never know whenshe'll be underfoot :D

JadeIcing wrote:
God I love your two. I want them! Can I have them?
In your dreams, missy :zoro

naturestee wrote:
Yourroom looks awesome. I wish I could trust my buns thatmuch. And where did you find that tilty lop pic?

Well, you'll recall that Rex will be 8 next month :)shock:) and Peanutis 6 1/2. They haven't always been so mellow ;) This tranquility comesafter years of being typical bunnies, which means there may yet be hopefor your bunch :D

The "Tilty Lop" is a drawing by yours truly :)

Carolyn wrote:
Giveyour babies a kiss for me, m.e. Hope the cats are all welltoo. :)

The cats are doing really well (all five of them - when did Ibecome the crazy cat lady? I mean, I know I've always been a littlecrazy...:lookaround)

:kiss:to you too!

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

SAS - I'm not here either. I'm writing an anthropology paper. This is all a figment of your imagination.

:lurker

Off topic a second, m.e., but my sister has twocats that she adores. I think her love and bond with herbabieshave even surprised her. She just had to havea dental operation on one of her cats and I don't have to explain theworry she went through when the day of the surgery came. Thelittle one is doing much Much better. She was such a strongbaby girl. It was as if she was comforting my sister morethan she was feeling her own pain. I don't know what mysister would do without her two babies. At one point, she wasthinking she'd have to rehome them, but she found an apt. that she canhave them in. She now knows that she can't be without them inher life.

My question to you is what is a good cat forum for her? Whenshe was going through the dental issues with her one cat, knowing thatthe other is going to need the same type of work done, I had suggestedshe go on a cat forum and see what other people's experiencewere. Can you recommend one that is a good one just in caseshe does have questions?

Thanks for any advice you can give. :bouquet:

-Carolyn

Absolutely! I'vejust joined a new forum that I've really been enjoying, the memberslike to educate without being abrasive (not something you'll find atevery forum)

Top Cats

Excellent! :bunnydance:

Thanks, m.e., I'll pass it along to her. :D

Give all the babies in your care all my love. :hug:

Pipp wrote:
A w w w w w w w ... http://www. :inlove:

Pretty Pea has that Veronica Lake thing going with that ear-style.

320866071_a29b76a1e0.jpg

veronicalake3.jpg
veronicalake.jpg

sas :biggrin:and the gang:bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

this is absolutely hilarious:D:D:D

Hi m.e.

I just went on your website, it was great. I checked out all your babies, wow they are all very cute. I especially love Peanut, I do hope she gets better soon.

One thing I noticed in a some of your pictures is the cement block, do you have that in there for a reason? Also the plastic keychains where did you get those? I have looked inthe baby department at Walmart but couldn't find them.

Thanks

Susan and the Gang:bunnydance::apollo::bunny19:bunnyheart

[align=left]Going through this thread once more has been difficult, but I wanted to share a photo of Rex, in his usual spot, on Peanut's blanket:
[/align][align=center]
1470755282_af6c3dfbb0.jpg
[/align]
Larger version of my avi, which I sketched between classes today:
[align=center]
1469811897_408554ba25_o.jpg

[/align]

Poor Rexy. He's missing his best friend. :(

I love your drawing - it's sad, but it's extremely meaningful.

Today was better. I was able to share what happened with several of my school friends today, and they were all so supportive. One of my professors (who I know fairly well) had lost a cat earlier this summer after a prolonged illness; he was very sympathetic and understood the depth of grief that I have felt.

It is so cathartic to be able to speak openly about loss and pain, rather than keeping inside and falling apart in the car, or in bed at night. I have been writing a lot on the pets' blog too. I hate to sound consumed with sadness, because I do still have Rex and the other pets who I adore completely. But I also want to acknowledge that losing Peanut is one of the hardest things I have ever been through.

Yesterday, I put together a gift basket for the vet's office, in Peanut's memory:

[align=center]
1473618230_2428086656.jpg

a framed photo, Craisins (her favorite snack),
chocolate kisses and a Thank You card

[/align][align=left]They have been so incredibly kind to us. When we brought Peanut in on Friday, it was (thankfully) during a quiet time of the day with few other patients around. They gave us a quiet room with paintings on the wall and a fountain softly trickling in the corner. The exam table had been covered in a soft quilt. As painful as it was for me, Dr. G and the vet tech were so gentle with Peanut. I couldn't have asked for better care.[/align][align=left]Then I came home today to find a card from them: Dear Emily and family, in your time of loss we would like to send our sympathy and understanding. From all of us at VCA Animal Medical Center.[/align][align=left] :cry4:[/align]

I am so pleased that you have friends and people around you that are supportive - it shows that Peanut touched a lot of hearts. And how kind of your vet's to send that card. I think that would have made me cry all over again.

Hugs to you and Rex!

Jan

ps - Looking back at all of the photos has me in tears :(

What a beautiful drawing and gift basket. That framed photo is just precious. Im soglad you have a wonderful vet to help you through this difficult time.

You (and Rex) are in my thoughts and prayers.

*hugs*

Haley

Thanks, Jan (and Haley) :hug:

Most of the Geography/Anthropology students know each other and we hang out in the department between our classes. Today the conversation turned to dreams. I had a dream about Peanut last night :tears2: She was doing really well, recovering from her ailments, eating, drinking and hopping about as usual. I was so happy that she felt better. Everything in the dream seemed so real - the room was brighter and sunnier. I even remember being thrilled that she was peeing in the litterbox, which between her weakness and dehydration, she was not able to do near the end.

When I woke up, I knew it wasn't real. The room was dark, and the quiet emptiness I've felt since Friday returned. Rex is such a silent rabbit compared to Peanut's constant activity and noise. I almost feel like I want to buy him the loudest toys I can find, just so that I can hear him and know he's okay.

[align=center]
1470101967_56485b794d.jpg

[/align]

It will be three months tomorrow.

Rex has his moments, his days when he seems really lonely. He snuggles with and grooms the stuffed dog that we gave him. But most of the time, he's happy, I think. You wouldn't know he's nearly nine years old by the way he runs around the house. Every morning he lets me know that breakfast is late, thankyouverymuch, by jumping and climbing on every box in the room. Then for good measure, he chases the cat.

Peanut could never eat greens because of her sensitive tummy, and since her passing, we've started giving Rex salads every night. Now he binkies for them. It's really hard to look at him and realize just how old he is, but he doesn't seem to realize that he's supposed to be 'geriatric' ;)

[align=center]
2134314704_a0f30832ab.jpg

this drawing was a Christmas gift from my little sister :tears2:

[/align][align=center]
2138941975_f845c5c4fb.jpg

[/align]

*edited because, apparently, I can't count*

:cry4:That drawing is lovely Emily- how sweet of your sister to do it for you. I still can't believe Peanut is gone, she was such a very special bunny.:tears2:

I'm glad to hear rex is doing well.:)I understand about the good days/bad days thing, Millie is like that. Even now she'll have days when she gets angry and doesn't want to be near me. It's understandable though - I have bad days too.

I hope you are doing ok Emily, I know the anniversaries are the hardest to get through. Thinking of you.:hug:

Four months :shock:.

It felt strange when I saw you'd posted and I knew that there wasn't going to be any pics of peanut :(. And that photo of Rex laying there on his own, like he is waiting for Peanut to come and groom him, is so touching. At least he sounds as if he is coping OK (and obviously enjoying his salads). He is like a vintage wine - he doesn't get older, just better as he matures :)

Jan

Latest posts

Back