Revolution not working

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bunbunadri

Reaction score
(repost with a lil changes) my bunny was diagnosed with mites a while ago. I’ve used all 6 doses of revolution on my bunny and theres a weird thing. In the morning, my bunny’s ears seem all fine, but at night, they become red. Very weird. It has been better after revolution as I don’t see him scratch his ear frequently. Is it because i didnt change his blankets/house? I’ve cleaned his pen and I change/wash his blankets daily! His hay and water are changed 2/3 times a day. The vet however did not give me further instructions other than how to give him revolution. Other than that he’s pretty normal. I gave him medicine 1 day late so i dont know if that affects it. It was the 5th dose i believe. The 6th dose was also a day late to ensure it was 2 wkz apart. He is 1.6kg and uses 15ml of revolution as given by the vet. Should i phone the vet? Thanks!!

I'm thinking that what's going on with your rabbits ears doesn't have to do with mites.

If your rabbit is warmer in the evening, a rabbit getting hot can cause their ears to get red from increased blood flow to help their body cool down. Like if the environmental temperature is warmer in the evening, or if your rabbit is more active in the evening and running around, that can get a rabbit's body temperature too warm where they need to cool down, which their ears will be redder because of this until they have cooled down.

Or it could be your rabbit is sensitive to something in the environment or that your rabbit has physical contact with, that is only occurring in the evening. Maybe contact with something like a blanket washed in scented laundry detergent.

I'm thinking that what's going on with your rabbits ears doesn't have to do with mites.

If your rabbit is warmer in the evening, a rabbit getting hot can cause their ears to get red from increased blood flow to help their body cool down. Like if the environmental temperature is warmer in the evening, or if your rabbit is more active in the evening and running around, that can get a rabbit's body temperature too warm where they need to cool down, which their ears will be redder because of this until they have cooled down.

Or it could be your rabbit is sensitive to something in the environment or that your rabbit has physical contact with, that is only occurring in the evening. Maybe contact with something like a blanket washed in scented laundry detergent.
Heres a photo. If u don’t mind please give advice if it’s normal. Thank you so much!!

Attachments

• 28187B58-8469-4A72-80A9-321876FBEF03.jpeg
    28187B58-8469-4A72-80A9-321876FBEF03.jpeg
    144 KB · Views: 4
Thanks! Might just be me since i always overthink. Thank you so so so much!!!

Latest posts

Back